Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Exclude Nodes from LAG Interfaces?  (Read 5368 times)

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
Exclude Nodes from LAG Interfaces?
« on: October 05, 2018, 01:22:52 pm »
Hello Community,

how can I exclude LAG Interface from the Node Population Feature?

Unfortunately my Nodes are mapped to the Coreswitch LAG Interfaces, instead to the there connected Accessswitch and the corresponding Real Edge-Ports.

When I Re-Discover the Accessswitch I see the nodes there, but only until the next Cron/Manual Re-Discovery of the Core..

Thanks,
Jan

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Exclude Nodes from LAG Interfaces?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 05:59:23 pm »
Common problem, if neighbors are not detected on an interface. You can set linktype='NOP' on those LAG interfaces (e.g. with System-Database). In NeDi 1.9 it can be set comfortably with Devices-Interfaces...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

kami

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 11:38:08 am »
How i can set the link type to "NOP"?
On my side this problem is that all Nodes on "coreswh2" on Port "Trk1". And not on the floor switches.

UPDATE: I fix it like this way:
Code: [Select]
update interfaces set linktype = "NOP" where device like "%coreh2%" and ifname like "%Trk1"Works fine now.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:29:56 pm by kami »

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:46:43 pm »
Thanks, but it seems it doesnt work for me -> Nodes are still there -> See Screenshots from System-Database.php

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:05:46 pm »
Thanks, but it seems it doesnt work for me -> Nodes are still there -> See Screenshots from System-Database.php

@kami and @all: Any idea what I else can do? (See Post before)

Thanks,
Jan

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 11:56:58 am »
Does the lastseen timestamp still get updated on those nodes? When you add debugging (-db), you should see lines like this:

DBG :$mc on $if vl$vl ignored due to NOP
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 02:08:10 pm »
Does the lastseen timestamp still get updated on those nodes? When you add debugging (-db), you should see lines like this:

DBG :$mc on $if vl$vl ignored due to NOP

Oh you have right, I didn't realize that the timestamp was not updated any longer. In the meantime the wrong mapping is gone on my test-switch (I think after round about 30 days).

Is there a manuall way to "re-map" old entrys, without deleting the Nodes? I would like to keep the Node Details and History, but want to get rid of the old wrong mappings.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 03:54:04 pm »
I can only think of adjusting it manually in the DB. Retire will eventually age it out anyways...
-Remo

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 11:19:59 am »
Common problem, if neighbors are not detected on an interface. You can set linktype='NOP' on those LAG interfaces (e.g. with System-Database). In NeDi 1.9 it can be set comfortably with Devices-Interfaces...

Can I also explicity INCLUDE Nodes WHEN an neighbor is deteced?

Reason: I have thousands of FTTO 5 Port Switches (From Nexans, Microsens and also Dafur/CBL) but I don't want to add them also in NeDi. I only want to have all their Upstream Switches in NeDi with the ability to use the Node-Tracking / Population feature also for Nodes connected directly to the FTTO Switches.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 12:43:53 pm »
Thanks for looking at this together...

For everybody else needing this. If you specify border from NeDi 1.9 onwards, it'll keep nodes on that interface...
-Remo