Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nodes-List wrong Device and Port info  (Read 1430 times)

ifonyo

• View Profile
Nodes-List wrong Device and Port info
« on: February 06, 2020, 09:40:12 am »
Hi Gents,

I run in to this issue after upgranind to 1.8C version. The problem is that, when i want to check where the Node is connected i see always the core switch and the Portchannel where i have the access switch connected. What i expect is that i see the access switch and the exact interface where the computer is connected and not the core switch what is the "top" of the network topology.

I have attached a quick drawing and there i show how Nedi is giving me back the Device and Port information.

Thanks and regards,
/i.
We connect the word, one idiot at a time.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Nodes-List wrong Device and Port info
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 12:10:47 pm »
1) Discover the access switch manually with verbose output and check whether you see the MAC address of that client on the correct port
2) On the core, check whether Po32 is still updating nodes (it should be detected as link, thus avoiding population)

You can set the linktype of Po32 to "NOP" to avoid population. Unfortunately this needs to be done with a SQL query in 1.8 (newer versions let you do that in Devices-Interfaces):

UPDATE interfaces SET linktype = 'NOP' WHERE device = 'Core SW' AND ifname = 'Po32'
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

ifonyo

• View Profile
Re: Nodes-List wrong Device and Port info
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 03:08:47 pm »
Thanks Rickli! The second option was the solution to my issue! Now i see the exact device and port where the computer is connected. Thank You!
We connect the word, one idiot at a time.