Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CDPD link changed on discovery  (Read 7428 times)

ingoh

• View Profile
CDPD link changed on discovery
« on: June 21, 2019, 11:56:04 am »
We have some ports with GXP2160 IP phones. These are detected by CDP and the description is set according: CDP:GXP2160_xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Some users seem to turn off the device outside working hours (power strip?) and nedi sends annoying discovery messages ("...was CDPD link changed type  from CDPD" or "...is CDPD link changed type  to CDPD"). Is there a way to skip this messages for these devices or selected ports?

Thanks!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: CDPD link changed on discovery
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 12:17:22 pm »
Phones should create CDPF links, which won't create notifactions like that. So the proper fix is to have those phones properly recognised. How good are your Perl skills? :)
Look at the function Disprot() in libsnmp.pm, if you dare. There's a section where all the phones are defined. Simply add another if for yours to match (look for $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{ic} = "phon";). I can help in a remote session, if you want. Just send me a mail...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

ingoh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:30:28 pm »
Found the section in function DisProtocol() of libsnmp.pm and added a new match in the elsif - but nothing changed  :(

The phone is shown in Devices|Interfaces>Comment as "CDP:GXP2160_xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx". Do I have to match /GXP2160/ against $neb{$i}{$n}{'na'} or another entry?

Code: [Select]
   }elsif($neb{$i}{$n}{'na'} =~ /GXP2160/){
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{ty} = "GXP2160";
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{ic} = "phon";
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{sv} = 34;
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{dm} = 30;
      $misc::portprop{$na}{$lif}{lnk} = 'F';
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{ven} = 'Grandstream';

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 10:12:28 am »
The change looks good to me. Do you see NeDi trying to discover the phone with SNMP? You probably have to add a match for the type in nedi.conf nosnmpdev.
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

ingoh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:16:08 pm »
Added GXP2160 to nosnmpdev and after a new discovery the connection type has changed to CDPF  :)

Thanks a lot!

ingoh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 09:50:17 am »
Although the connection type is recognized as CDPF, I still get this notification emaisl when changing. Nedi version is 1.7.090.

Code: [Select]
Hello ingoh

1) SWITCH Gi0/4 (DVT-XXX-Y-ZZ) was CDPF link changed type  from CDPF

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 11:05:26 am »
Tx for the feedback. I'll release 1.8 to the public soon, which will ignore phone links...
-Remo