Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nodes Traffic - source and destination address is always name of Coreswitch  (Read 3061 times)

highend

• View Profile
Hi,

I am running NeDi 1.7p3 with 25 Devices and about 1000 nodes. So far everything is working fine. I have enabled sflow on every switch and NeDi shows the traffic! For some reason, I do not see the source and destination IPs in the GUI. Instead of the IPs or hostname, Nedi always shows me the name of my coreswitch. When I move the mouse curser on source or destination field a "mouseover" appears and shows me the correct IP address. But this is very uncomfortable, because I cannot see all the connections at one glance.
Do I have configuration bug?

highend

• View Profile
That`s what NeDi shows me in the mouseover for Source or Destination Address for example: "lo0 Address 172.27.4.15 - location...."
The static text always shows the name of our Coreswitch.
 Doe anybody has an idea?

highend

• View Profile
pictures say more than a thousand words ;-)

I`m also not sure about the traffic data. The values look way too high....

Edit:

I deleted the coreswitch device. Now I can see the IP Aaddresses of source and destination address! But something is still wrong. The internal addresses are marked as public addresses!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 02:13:59 pm by highend »

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
That's odd! If you click the debug icon (top right) you'll see the nfdump command executed. Copy it and play with it in the CLI to check, whether the raw data makes sense. Not sure, if it's related to using sflow data...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

highend

• View Profile
I`ve no idea, what causes the problem. After a clean Installation on a different server, everything is fine now! :-)

Btw.: How can I uninstall NeDi from my "old" server?

highend

• View Profile
I managed it :-)