Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: nodes not populating interfaces  (Read 3875 times)

AndyConnock

• View Profile
nodes not populating interfaces
« on: March 15, 2018, 08:12:19 pm »
just this morning i noticed the population of a port on one of my switches went from 7 to blank.
under Device, Status, i select the switch in question and scroll down to see list of ports and this port that had a population of 7 devices connected to it (it's port Fa0/4 btw) - i know i saw this last week.  i was able to do some real-time traffic analysis on this port (as it's one end of a line of sight wifi connection).  i can still do that, but now i don't have visibility on that port.  if i do a "sh mac address-table int fa0/4" i see the devices, but i don't see them in Nedi.  it was working.  i haven't done anything drastic i can think of.  any ideas?

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: nodes not populating interfaces
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 12:04:42 pm »
If NeDi detects another device on that interface it will not put nodes there anymore. They should pop up on that other device, if the mac adress table can be used there. What Wifi products are you using?
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

AndyConnock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 06:58:36 pm »
it's a radwin 2000 on both sides.  there really hasn't been any change to the nodes on either side of the wifi connection.  particularly on the port in question...  the radwin radio has been there for a couple years, and NeDi (up until just a couple weeks ago) *was* reporting the 7 or so nodes on that port.  now it shows none, even though doing a show mac-address table on that port does indeed show all the MAC addresses of the devices.

i just looked at my original question.  i said i don't have visibility on the port.  i should re-word that statement.  i still "see" the port, it's green in Nedi indicating that it's connected and i can still monitor realtime traffic.  and the devices on the other side of that wifi link are all visible and operating fine from a network point of view.  just that Nedi can't see them anymore.

appreciate you taking the time to answer.  if there's anything else i can add here (screencaps, etc) i'll gladly do so.

thanks!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:06:50 am »
Ok, so is the neighbor discovered as device or not?
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

AndyConnock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 07:16:49 pm »
the switch side of the radwin wifi and the remote radwin are both discovered as devices (they appear in Nedi as devices) however i don't see neighbour info.

from the switch point of view (CLI), i can see all the MACs on that single port including the radwin on both sides, and the devices located on the remote side.  just seems like Nedi stopped telling me there was a population of 7 nodes on that interface.  now it's blank.

i've attached a few pics, if you don't mind quickly having a look.  :)

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 03:42:46 pm »
So, those nodes should appear on the Radwin device, not the Cisco one:

1.For the Radwin to appear linked to the Cisco switch, the MAC address of the Radwin learned on the Cisco switch, needs to be assigned to an interface. Then you should see a MAC link appearing automatically.

2.If the Radwin provides its mac address table, the nodes will apear correctly as well.

So, can you check the following:
- (Its own) MACs assigned to Radwin interfaces (can be the same on all)
- Use Defgen to find a working MAC address table OID on the Radwin.

We can debug via Hangout or Webex if you want. Just drop me a PM or mail...
-Remo

cmkeith30

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 03:34:07 am »
I am not seeing any nodes in any switches. Any clue what that would be?