Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No Config-Backup after Change  (Read 2232 times)

markus

• View Profile
No Config-Backup after Change
« on: January 23, 2018, 08:45:19 am »
Hey all!

We have some issues with the Config-Backup feature on Cisco devices...
The initial backup with -B10 is working properly on every device. SSH and SNMP are working properly too. The OID for ConfChange is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.43.1.1.1.0 and for ConfWrite is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.43.1.1.3.0, they are updated properly.
When I change the config without write, NeDi shows the Exclamation Mark in Device-Status.

The Value cfgchange in devices Table is updated too, when i Change the config.
When I run nedi.pl with -b or -B10, it says "DISC:Config hasn't been changed. Not backing up."  :(

So, when everything is updated and working good..... I do not find the reason, why does NeDi not back up the config.....

We are using the following NeDi, installed with the very great nebuntu.sh   :-*
/var/nedi/nedi.pl version 1.6.100 calling Getopt::Std::getopts (version 1.12 [paranoid]),
running under Perl version 5.26.0.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:48:53 am by markus »

markus

• View Profile
Re: No Config-Backup after Change
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:19:30 am »
I have edited line 1674 in libmisc.pm from
Code: [Select]
if($skip =~ /s/ or $main::dev{$dv}{fs} == $main::now or $main::dev{$dv}{bup} ne 'A'){# Skip sysinfo or new devs force backup (or non-active are updated)
to that:
Code: [Select]
if($skip =~ /s/ or $main::dev{$dv}{fs} lt $main::now or $main::dev{$dv}{bup} ne 'A'){# Skip sysinfo or new devs force backup (or non-active are updated)
Now, NeDi reads the config every time, but the Datebase is only Updated when the Config has changed. That is want I want, but I do not think that I have done right....

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: No Config-Backup after Change
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:06:28 pm »
You can simply skip system info to force a backup: -Ss (The line you posted even shows what's happening at the beginning with $skip)

The correct change detection becomes a problem when the uptime overflows after 1.5 years. It should be fixed in the current NeDi version...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo