Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nedian20  (Read 4040 times)

Zer0kbps

• View Profile
Nedian20
« on: August 14, 2020, 05:39:17 pm »
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd write up my experience of Nedi 1.9 via the Nedian20 OVA file.

I think the only hard part of the install was converting the OVA to work with Hyper-V, but thanks to 7zip, Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Powershell it didn't take long to get this awesome software up and running.

I work for a College in the UK and we manage 4 secondary schools (high school level) so 10 sites, 3400 computers and 240 switches give or take.

Nedi has been a godsend for discovering the quirks of these acquired networks and has allowed us to see where the bottlenecks are and upgrade.

It's also allowed us to find all the switches that don't have CDP/LLDP enabled :) and even SNMP in some cases so it's a great tool for creating a config discipline for switches.

I've used cactiEz for years for graphing traffic interfaces, but Nedi and its diagrams are just simply amazing and the usage data in Nedi is much more helpful, it's really useful to correlating switch errors and downtime events and simple tracing cables. It does a great job at finding equipment

Plan to purchase this wonderful product in the near future and see what further joys version 2 brings.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Nedian20
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 12:42:06 pm »
Thanks a lot for your kind feedback! Those things keeps me going...besides the subscriptions  8)

This is exactly how I intended it to be. Find network issues beyond the common monitoring metrics. I'll work on improving the latter too though...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo