Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NeDi 1.8c released?  (Read 3692 times)

pc_sg

NeDi 1.8c released?
« on: October 25, 2019, 12:17:31 pm »
Hi Remo!
Saw you've released 1.8c.
Tested on one of the server I'm (still) managing.
Indeed, after the update, the database update failed, and interpreting error message, I've downloaded again 1.7c (link don't work, point to tgz but really is a pkg file, so solved editing the link itself) and doing a "downgrade", then updating database, updating again to 1.8c anche then database update worked fine.
Then, of course, it was necessary to modify launch scripts to adapt them to new syntax, and porting my nedi.conf parameters to the new file format.

Seems fine!

Thanks in advance!

In the meanwhile, I inform you that, if everything goes well, in a few month (end of november or december) I will retire. :)
I don't think I will do anything related to networking any more (except for my home LAN, of course).
I'm going to delete my account a few days before "the end" ;)

In doubt, I take the opportunity to thank you so much for the help you gave me during last years (much of them) with your masterpiece, NeDi!

Bye!

marco.mereu

• View Profile
Re: NeDi 1.8c released?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 11:29:22 am »

hello, I updated Nedi from 1.7 to 1.8C, when I go to Device status I can't find the Defgen icon anymore

pc_sg

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 03:37:10 pm »
In mine is present.
Sorry, I don't know why.

ascii

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 10:08:26 am »

hello, I updated Nedi from 1.7 to 1.8C, when I go to Device status I can't find the Defgen icon anymore

Defgen has been renamed to Defed (to be in-line with the other editors). Just adapt the menu in nedi.conf and it'll reappear :)

pc_sg

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 08:00:16 am »
A rule that I always follow is, before upgrade, to save all my current config files with a differente filename/extension, use the new ones provided and modify them including all needed "personalized" parameters.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 09:52:11 am »
Yeah, it's in the readme too :-)

Sorry, for being so quiet and reeeeaaaly slow in approving new users. I'm very busy working on 2.0! In addition I have a number of customer projects, which let me add new features too. It's all very exciting, but leaves (too) little time for maintaining the forum. I think it will get better next year. Thanks all for helping each other out!
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

tristanbob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 05:10:10 pm »
pc_sg,

I just wanted to say congrats on retirement and thanks for all the help you have provided in this forum.  Looks like your account just passed it's 10th birthday.  :)

Cheers!

Tristan

Hi Remo!
Saw you've released 1.8c.
Tested on one of the server I'm (still) managing.
Indeed, after the update, the database update failed, and interpreting error message, I've downloaded again 1.7c (link don't work, point to tgz but really is a pkg file, so solved editing the link itself) and doing a "downgrade", then updating database, updating again to 1.8c anche then database update worked fine.
Then, of course, it was necessary to modify launch scripts to adapt them to new syntax, and porting my nedi.conf parameters to the new file format.

Seems fine!

Thanks in advance!

In the meanwhile, I inform you that, if everything goes well, in a few month (end of november or december) I will retire. :)
I don't think I will do anything related to networking any more (except for my home LAN, of course).
I'm going to delete my account a few days before "the end" ;)

In doubt, I take the opportunity to thank you so much for the help you gave me during last years (much of them) with your masterpiece, NeDi!

Bye!
Please visit "Other"->"Invoices" on your NeDi installation to make an annual contribution and support Nedi!