Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LLDP/CDP Discovery delivers empty IP Adress Tables (Cisco,Microsens,Unifi)  (Read 4026 times)

mastae

• View Profile
Hi NediCommunity,

we are trying to discover a pretty straight forward laboratory setup

CISCO 2960 -> Microsens G6 -> Ubiquiti Unifi Switch 8

The only IP in the seedlist is the CISCO. It detects the Microsens but the Unifi Switch doesnt show up.

The WEB GUI of the Microsens shows the connected Unifi switch with corresponding IP. But the NeDi discovery log states that theres no usable IP for that thingy. I've tried to create different .def files or settings for the Microsens but nothing works so far.

we are using 1.7p2 and starting point was the 1.3.6.1.4.1.3181.10.6.def  included in the 1.7p3 package.
I've changed some oids, cdp, lldp, arp etc pp. I also enabled and disabled CDP and LLDP on the microsens including some subsettings.

any help is much appreciated

edit:  changed title a bit
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:41:13 am by mastae »

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Unfortunately Microsens' SNMP implementation is buggy. If you set LLDP in the .def you'll see a bunch of errors (because they do not use a 14th field in the OID). I'm more than happy to help, if they're willing to fix it :-)
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo