Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NeDi2GrapML  (Read 50446 times)

pc_sg

Re: NeDi2GrapML
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:53 am »
Tested v0.9.
Done a full map,in cluding nodes (-n) with both Icons e Groups handling with no error. Seems good!

But yEd crashes opening the (big, 6.5 MB) file.

Look error in attached snapshot.

If yEd is unusable, also this maps become unusable...  :'(

Any idea?

Paolo

acoto

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 03:03:13 pm »
Hello Paolo,

We need to narrow down where does the error comes from.

May you please try each option independently (-n, --icn, --grp) and check if you get the same error.

If not, then start with combinations: -n --icn, or -n --grp

My guess is that a name somewhere includes invalid XML characters, but got to figure out where and which character.

Regards,

Adrian

pc_sg

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 08:02:01 am »

Sorry... Done a run with only -n switch and again yEd crashes, with the same error.

I don't know how to analyze if output file is really consistent and compliant with GraphLM format constraints.
Or if there is any utility to purge (or convert, or identify) invalid characters.

Paolo

acoto

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 05:33:09 pm »
Hello Paolo,

I think the problem may be an "&" character on OID field, for some of your nodes.

I had protection for non valid XML characters on nodename, but not for other fields on NeDi DB.

Now I added protection for a bunch of fields, including group name, device type, device location, device contact, link type, node OID...

Uploading NeDi2GraphML v0.10 to sourgeforge.

Regards

Adrian

acoto

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 08:28:48 pm »
Hello NeDi Community,

I just updated NeDi2GraphML to version 0.11

On this release, i added an option to avoid creating fake hubs (NeDi2GraphML -nhh ...). I do not like much that idea, but may work in some cases, the final schematic will present all CDP links, repeating in some case interface numbers.

Also added some extra code to sort the links array, prior to hunting hubs. In theory this may increase accuracy on hub detection, without a total rewrite of hub detection code.

Regards,

Adrian

tristanbob

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 07:26:56 pm »
I just tested version 0.11 with 985 nodes and 1185 edges.  This is a fun tool!  I like both the organic and circular layouts. 

I still use the diagram tool that Remo includes with Nedi, but this tool adds more options (although it takes many more steps).

Is there anyway you can make this automatically generate pictures within a web-interface (maybe a section of Nedi)?

Thanks for your contribution!

Tristan
Please visit "Other"->"Invoices" on your NeDi installation to make an annual contribution and support Nedi!

acoto

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:49 pm »
Hello Tristan,

I'm glad you like the tool. I hope it becomes useful for more NeDi users.

About the integration, I think it is possible up to some point.

It does not seems too complicated to integrate the graphml diagram generation in the web server. User may select some options and run the script.

A second integration level, may include icons.csv, groups.csv and geo.csv file editing... things like that.

We need Remo's opinion here :)

Now, trying to include web visualization or editing is another story. Even that graphml is an open standard I do not know a good open source plugin that supports graphml. May be some day we will see something, but by now we are tied to yEd.

Regards,

Adrian

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:14 pm »
I definitely like the idea to have more alternatives to my map.  8)  Calling a perl script should be fairly easy, but having it generated by PHP would make the integration seamless (e.g. another output format in Topo-Map). I plan inline maps anyway, thus I'll keep graphml in the back of my head, while remodeling...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

pc_sg

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 08:28:25 am »
To Adrian:
Well, 0.11 runs without errors in all my tries. The -nhh switch doesn't do a bad work. The "star" interconnection of 3500XL family of switches stacks shown is not an error, rather is the real situation! Have a look to attached snapshot.
Indeed, the Cisco choice is to show it as a bus, as you have seen in a my previous message attached.

I'll play on it in the future.

Thanks so much!

To Remo:
Yes! I like very much if it or something like it become part of NeDi, with a minimal map editing capability (at least icon movement/arrangement).

Paolo
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:21:47 am by pc_sg »

acoto

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 02:28:54 am »
Hello,

I just uploaded NeDi2GraphML v 0.12 to sourceforge.

In this release I added some small optimization to code and  support for groups based on SNMP/NeDi location field.

(Note: still do not support hierarchical groups... some day )

#
# Sample Groups CSVFile
# Format:
#   group, <type>, <group>,<regex>
#
#      <type>:  "cdpsvc"   - CDP announced services: "Router" "Switch" "Bridge"...
#               "devtype"  - Device Type "Cisco-3640" "Cisco-3845"...
#               "location" - SNMP/NeDi Location Field "San Jose;Costa Rica"
#               "devname"  - Specific device Name "RCore001" "RAccess001" "SWDCT..."
#     <regex>:  matching regex
#     <group>:  Group Name
#
#
##########################################################

group,cdpsvc,Router,Routers
group,devtype,^Cisco-36,Cisco3600s
group,devtype,^cisco26,Cisco2600s
group,location,^San Jose;Costa Rica,SJO
group,devname,^RCore,Core
group,devname,^RDist1,Pop1
group,devname,^RAccs1,Pop1
group,devname,^RDist2,Pop2
group,devname,^RAccs2,Pop2
group,devname,^Raccs2,Pop2
group,devname,^RR0,Pop2

Regards,

Adrian

acoto

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 11:30:35 pm »
Hello,

Second update today. NeDi2GraphML v0.13 is on sourceforge now.

I added another command line option "-ipg".

When using groups and -ipg option, NeDi2GraphML will search for IP Phones, and place them in the same group as the parent switch.

Regards,

Adrian

acoto

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 12:26:57 am »
Hello,

I just Uploaded NeDi2GraphML v0.14 to sourceforge.

On this version I added "--url [telnet|ssh|http|https]" option. This will populate the URL field for each node.

On yEd right click on node, then select "Go to URL"

Regards,

Adrian

OMFan

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »
Hello acoto,

Firtaval, Thanks to your great work about graphML generation which is absolutely fantastic !!!!!

All the people I have made a presentation of generated maps had the same reaction : WOUAH !!!

I have one question : in your last release (v0.14), you have added telnet,ssh,http or https links where you click on Node.

But when I have clicked on one node with Telnet link, anything happened. Apparently, Yed have not yet implemented this function.

Do you find any solution ?

Thanks a lot by advance.

Bye.

acoto

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »
Hello OFMan,

Thank you for your comments. I´m glad NeDi2GraphML works for you.

About the URL issue, it works for http and https on my Mac, but not for telnet or ssh. I started a topic on yEd support board:

http://yed.yworks.com/support/qa/874/url-telnet-ssh-not-working-in-os-x

This is the last answer I got:

"It seems that current versions of Java come with support for opening any protocol that is registered with the operating system and, thus, it shouldn't be too hard to support additional protocols in yEd as well. However, I cannot make any promises whether or when this will be done.
commented 3 days ago by michael [yWorks]"

So, the solution is now on yWorks hands.

Now, if we can get some NeDi users registering and voting +1 on this question on yEd site, the solution may come faster :)

Regards,

Adrian

OMFan

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 03:38:12 pm »
Thanks a lot for your answer.

I will go to Yed Website many many times in order to find a solution !!!

NB : Soory for my bad english (I am French).

Bye.