Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: disable line-wrap in devices names?  (Read 1071 times)

miraculiks

• View Profile
disable line-wrap in devices names?
« on: January 26, 2024, 11:35:15 am »
Hello,

we recently changed to device-names with two hyphens in it. Length is 15 characters. NeDi inserts a line wrap after the second hyphen. Is there an option to avoid that, because it adds an extra line to each device in the list?

Thanks!

M.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: disable line-wrap in devices names?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 08:55:06 am »
If you see this in in a list it's done by the browser. Try making the window wider or use fewer columns. If you see the names cut-off e.g. in Topology-Table you can increase the name widtth in User-Profile.
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

miraculiks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 10:42:40 am »
I tried that, used full-screen browser. Also, I increased the length of name in my profile to 31 characters. As soon as I choose to display more than the name-field in the devices-list, the name column shrinks and does a line-wrap. The browser won't let me resize the name-column. This happens only since we used the new names with two hyphens. NeDi-Version is 2.2.22

miraculiks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 11:34:03 am »
We found out that if we display hostnames which have more than 15 characters at the same time, then the 15-character-hostnames are not line-wrapped (see attached image). So it's not a big issue then.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 11:12:22 am »
Try adding a nw to line 314 (or so) and wrapping should be prevented altogether:

TblCell("$dev[device] $upst",'',"$statbg ctr b s nw"
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

miraculiks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 01:52:43 pm »
That works fine. Thanks!