Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ldap authentication and multi-tenancy  (Read 4405 times)

choonhian

Ldap authentication and multi-tenancy
« on: May 17, 2011, 02:35:32 AM »
Although ldap authentication was discussed but there don't seem to been much interest for this to be included as a feature in each new release of Nedi. Have anyone already done this with success?

Nedi is a great discovery tool, and the discovered configuration item is great for import into a cmdb. However, currently there is no other way to differentiate the discovered devices among different tenants, as the only way is to configure the location string or use a different seedlist and configuration file.

Have anyone any success stories with ldap authentication and multi-tenancy?

Regards,
Choon Hian

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Ldap authentication and multi-tenancy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:32:48 PM »
Why do you say such things! Have a look at rc2 and you'll find brand new ldap stuff in nedi.conf! I admit I haven't tested it, but there's definitely an interest ;)

Multi tenancy is definitely something I'll look into for 1oh7! I a friend of mine even got it working using SQL views on 1oh5. The thing is I'm shifting a lot of the complexity from PHP into SQL, which hopefully won't interefere later on. E.g. if you look at the reports in 1oh5, I'd be expelled from any programming school for using stupid select * queries, rather than group. But I wanted it to be open for flat file backends at the time...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

choonhian

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
Sorry if I've used any wrong wordings ... newbie here  ;D

I'll download RC2 and try it, thanks for advice!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 11:23:48 PM »
No worries, I'm glad this is being tested! I'll help you fix it, if you encounter problems...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo