Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Correction for show mac address and 10 gig interface  (Read 1953 times)

damien.hauser

Correction for show mac address and 10 gig interface
« on: December 16, 2010, 01:05:53 AM »
Hi guys,

First thanks to Remo and all the contributor for this great piece of software (Nedi).

I had to troubleshoot a problem for a customer with nedi 1.0.4/1.0.6 and brand news Cat4510 and Cat2960S, here's the outcome:
It seems that the new IOS version have changed (as always) the show mac-address-table dynamic command to show mac address dynamic.
And I've also found that the cam table parsing didn't account for Tengigabit interface.

I've made the following quick and dirty modification (I know it should be a special OS type but I didn't have the time):

Line 42 in libcli-netssh.pl $cmd{'IOS'}{'macd'} = 'sh mac address-table dynamic';
line 25 in libcli-netapp.pl $cmd{'IOS'}{'macd'} = 'sh mac address-table dynamic';
Line 332 in libcli-netshh.pl if ($col =~ /^(Te|Gi|Fa|Do|Po|Vi)/){$po = &misc::Shif($col)}
Line 372 in libcli-netapp.pl if ($col =~ /^(Te|Gi|Fa|Do|Po|Vi)/){$po = &misc::Shif($col)}

Voila, have fun.

Cheers,

Damien

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Correction for show mac address and 10 gig interface
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 05:29:57 PM »
tx damien, according to rufer "show mac address-table dynamic" should be supported on all newer IOSs. Hope this won't interefere too much or yes we'll have to create an IOS-old or so...

You're right I completely ignored the tengig IFs, should be ready in the next beta...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo