Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nedi plugin for GLPI asset system  (Read 4507 times)

vongillus

Nedi plugin for GLPI asset system
« on: November 12, 2010, 02:33:35 PM »
Hi all,

Has somebody already worked on a Nedi plugin for the GLPI asset management system? This would be very nice. It could also give the opportunity to widen the Nedi public.  :)

I already created some scripts to import information of Nedi to the GLPI database and that way automatically connect computers to switch ports and outlets. It gives a really added value to all the informations collected by Nedi. But it's still some "dirty" scripts and there is a big gap with creating a proper plugin...

Gilles

mcbride66

Re: Nedi plugin for GLPI asset system
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 05:51:11 PM »
Too bad nobody else replied.

I too would like an interface between NeDi and GLPI. OCS-NG seems to have too many idiosyncrasies that make it unstable.

How many scripts do you have? Is there somewhere you can post them?

mark

vongillus

Re: Nedi plugin for GLPI asset system
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:24:29 PM »
Well, when I said "dirty", it's really like that !! I have one big sequential PHP script (1000 lines) which I used to do some network migration. Even if it's still used today, everything is hard coded, no error handling, direct access to the web interface through the PHP script (no direct access to the database of Nedi), etc, etc.

Ok, what I am going to do is write something at least a bit cleaner with the ideas I had and then if somebody wants to contribute I will be really happy. I don't have much time so be patient. The major issue for me is to get used with GLPI plugin and also there are many design questions like when/where/what/how to insert from Nedi to GLPI. May be I will try to get information on similar network plugins for GLPI (like Fusioninventory).

If you have any comment please feel free to contribute.

Gilles