Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Distributed Discovery Servers / One MySql instance ?  (Read 2188 times)

Aaron Navratil

Distributed Discovery Servers / One MySql instance ?
« on: June 24, 2010, 06:51:45 PM »
First off, thanks for the excellent software, nedi has saved me considerable time and headache..

I was wondering if nedi can be distributed, meaning can I have servers running nedi.pl logging to the same backend mysql server?

Essentially what I'd like to do is have discovery probes near the networks they are discovering, and log to the same mysql server

Would I just modify nedi.conf to log to the same msql box?

What I'm hoping to do is speed up discovery time over networks of great geographic distance.

tristanbob

• View Profile
Re: Distributed Discovery Servers / One MySql instance ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 05:32:08 PM »
I think this has been discussed before, but it is not currently implemented.

Unfortunately, Remo is just one person donating his spare time to this project. 

Tristan
Please visit "Other"->"Invoices" on your NeDi installation to make an annual contribution and support Nedi!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Distributed Discovery Servers / One MySql instance ?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »
It's going there! Not quite on the hierarchical level yet, though. In a first step the nodes are locked during caculation, wich means you can have several geographically separate discoveries running now. That said, the unlocking is not very good in 1.0.5, so you'd have to do this manually in the Services GUI, if it failed before...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo