Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aruba Controller and AP.  (Read 4660 times)

harry

• View Profile
Aruba Controller and AP.
« on: May 24, 2010, 07:59:10 AM »
Hello Remo/community,

We have a Aruba wireless in our netwrok, as it works on ATP (Aruba Tunneling Protocol) it is not discoverable in NEDI,

I found few Perl script to read (SNMP)these devices. I am not a perl programmer, can sombody help to add these scripts to NEDI..? These scripts are written in perl.

I can  provide the test environment for  code.

Pleas let me know if someone can be helpful.

Regards,
Harry.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Aruba Controller and AP.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »
Interesting to see the need for this. I got HP's MSM controller working pretty well (needs to be revised for FW5.4, though). There seems to be quite an interest for Cisco's WCS solution as well. The problem is, such an integration is rather time consuming. Something I'm a bit short of these days. Send me the code anyways, I might get to it eventually...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

harry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »
Thanks for your reply Remo,

Here is the link where I got the scripts. http://udel.edu/~doke/aruba/
These scripts are getting data from Aruba controller and APs. Just as text output.

I am interested to see this functionality working in NEDI, at least the Device can be added to Nedi.
Currently Nedi is considering this device i.e. Controller and AP as Node, so no monitoring can be done.
If we can see this as device it would be great help to us, and we will be running only one software to manage our entire network.

One more question.

I am eagerly waiting for the HP Procurve configuration backup,
Can you please give us some guide line on how long do we have to wait for the next version…? Sorry to be impatient here.
I love NEDI.

Regards,
Harry.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:27:27 PM »
Thanks for the love  ;) I'll have a look at it, but can't promise much right now. My job is picking up and that's what pays my bills in the end...

ProCurve (soon to be renamed) devices work in my lab with the new clilib of 1.0.6...ok here's a teaser  8)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:29:19 AM by rickli »
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

harry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »
Hello Remo,
I can understand the development is going on for the new version. I was waiting for the Procurve config backup option in 1.0.6.

Can I please have your lab version of clilib for testing? or (Dad, are we there yet...? ???)

Regards,
Harry

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 12:43:29 AM »
Not yet...I was occuppied with a special request. I'll work on the remaining issues as time permits. Due to the changes you'd need to use the whole tarball for it to work...that said, I'll make sure, it's worth the wait!
-Remo