Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ran into issues while combining servers this weekend.  (Read 1501 times)

Araziel

Ran into issues while combining servers this weekend.
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »
I decided to combine 3 Nedi servers into 1 server this weekend, and I have run across some things I can’t figure out. I am running version 1.0.5 with 1000 devices in the seed list file. Hopefully someone will have seen some of these before.

1.   My understanding is Nedi will only discover the devices in the seed list file if the following command is used:  “ /var/nedi#./nedi.pl –vu seedlist”  If this is true, how did I end up with 1164 devices in Nedi?  I noticed if you just run ./nedi.pl after the database has been populated, you see cdp information.

CDP: Fa0> Router ,Fa0/14 IP=192.169.4.4 TYP:cisco WS-C3560-48PS Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(25)SEE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.Compiled Fri 03-Feb-06 07:37 by antonino SV:5 P:mW on Fa0/14-FD Vl

2.   How do you delete extra devices that were found via CDP without locking tables? Every time try to delete a device, it locks one of the tables so the next discovery can’t finish. (I am deleting the device by using the red X on the device summary page.) I have tried rebooting, and going into mysql and running UNLOCK TABLES; with no luck. I end up having to drop the data base, and start over.

Araziel

Re: Ran into issues while combining servers this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:35:53 PM »
Figured out #2.  Using a sql delete command seems to work ok, and not lock the table.

mysql> use nedi;
      mysql> DELETE from devices where name = 'device-name';
                         Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> exit

Araziel

Re: Ran into issues while combining servers this weekend.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »
Reset discovery (red X to the right) in System-Services...  (From a post from Remo.)