Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NeDi 1.0.6 Progress  (Read 17491 times)

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: NeDi 1.0.6
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »
A handful of contributors will get 1.0.6alpha very soon. If they tell me, their network didn't blow up I'll make it public...

Unfortuntaley I was in Bern all of last week working on a PoC. But I'm catching up with NeDi this weekend. Integrating and finalizing those contributions, I managed to add. The rest will have to wait for 1oh7!
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 10:24:11 PM »
For all who wonder...I'm getting there! Ironing out bugs (und so). Here's a little peek (it's not so dissapointing once you get the details) ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:09:03 PM by rickli »
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 02:50:01 PM »
We found quite some bugs and things to improve in the alpha. Using it on Linux also revealed SSH handling issues, which are fixed now.

I'll be gone for the week again (flying to London in a few hours), but hope to get a public beta out after that...
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 01:21:00 AM »
A year after Oxo's idea to use perls RRDs instead of calling the rrdtool binary, I finally did it too  8) And it rocks! Much faster indeed! Why now? I'm finally working on OBSD 4.8 which will be the platform for NeDiO46 (nedi 1.0.6) Another todo crossed off!

Amongst many usability improvements and optimizations, I've also touched bridge forwarding IF indexing. This might result in a bunch of errors if a switch (affecting only non-Cisco) maps forwarding ports to interfaces. Set Bridge to "normalX" in its .def and let me know about it. The benefit will be an even faster discovery!

Those brave alpha testers reported some issues, but it's not too bad so far. I'll keep polishing everything up in order to get it to beta quality.

Unfortunately I have to leave the country again for a couple of days, but this leaves a some evenings for coding still...

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:55:43 PM by rickli »
-Remo

tristanbob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 10:58:21 PM »
Thanks for the update, Remo!  Hope you are have a great Fall/Winter in Europe!  :)

Tristan
Please visit "Other"->"Invoices" on your NeDi installation to make an annual contribution and support Nedi!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 10:16:44 PM »
Indeed we just had a beautiful weekend thanks! Now I'm getting NeDiO6 (the 4 was just confusing) ready. With that I can finalize everything and publish the beta...
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 06:59:58 PM »
Making good progress in finalizing 1oh6. Getting all those improvements to work together is just more complicated than I thought. That's why it's dragging on like this...

Building NeDiO6 based on OBSD48 works well now, which is one of the milestones I wanted to reach!  Just now I improved vlan support for devices which use an index to the names (e.g. Extreme).

BTW the new code will also support perldoc!
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »
Adding the last outstanding features. While working on the poe policy, I realized that poe values belong to the interfaces table now, since it's not limited to links, when reading the true delivered power from IF oids (rather than discovery protocols). But I'll attack this in the next version (or this one never gets finished)!

I hope to be able to make a first beta version available to the public by next weekend...
-Remo