Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: permission denied on scan  (Read 3525 times)

lschafroth

permission denied on scan
« on: January 04, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »
OUI:   15969 NIC vendor entries read
DEV:   48 devices read from nedi.devices
LINK:   0 links (WHERE type = "STAT") read from nedi.links
No seeds, trying default gw!

DP-Discovery (1.0.5) with 1 seed on Tue Mar  6 18:30:01 2007
================================================================================
Device            Status             Todo/Done-Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.6.6.1   Elementary-C   v23 i269   Jvj14 p2/3 m5    a710    f492 ERROR: opening '/var/nedi/rrd/Elementary-Core/system.rrd': Permission denied
ERROR: opening '/var/nedi/rrd/Elementary-Core/Fa4%2F0%2F23.rrd': Permission denied

This is using nedio45 install.

Lannie

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: permission denied on scan
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:03:43 PM »
Check file permissions and make sure you always run as the same user (supposedly www on NeDiO)
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

lschafroth

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
Check file permissions and make sure you always run as the same user (supposedly www on NeDiO)

I was suprised to see it have issues when this is a self installed iso.  I changed the permissions to read/write and the error goes away but now I do not have any graphs at all.

Lannie

lschafroth

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
I was suprised to see it have issues when this is a self installed iso.  I changed the permissions to read/write and the error goes away but now I do not have any graphs at all.

It was cause by me running the initial ./nedi.pl as root per the guides on the site.  I ran the rest from teh gui causing issues.  I reinstalled nediso and did it all from the gui this time and it's working great!

Lannie