Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: initialize database and searching on device name  (Read 3503 times)

Pieter

initialize database and searching on device name
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »
We are using Nedi for quite some time. To keep up to date I recently installed Nedio on VMWare. There were two things I like to let you know.

1. When using ./nedi.pl -i to initialize the database, it destroys config-backups and rrd-files. In my case
    it also destroys the rrd directory. I got no clue why. To workaround this I added 2 statements to
    create the rrd and the backup directory, just in case they got lost.

2. I noticed that searching on device name in the Device-List view is case sensitive. I noticed this in
    older versions as well. In our situation different people install Cisco devices. Some use capitals and
    some use lower-case letter for the names of the devices. Finding devices is easier for us when we
    search case insensitive. I installed a workaround by making the name field in the devices table
    non binary.

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Pieter

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: initialize database and searching on device name
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 05:39:40 PM »
Yepp, there are some issues, but they should be fixed in the final 1oh5. It also seems to depend on the underlying OS, how rmtree (the function used to "empty" the directories) works.

Your 2nd question has been addressed a while ago with the 'lc regexp' operator. I know, not very obvious, but that binary field is being converted to lowercase before matching (as shown on in the query). I had CI regexp at some point, which is probably as inuitive ;)

If someone has a good idea for a (short) and accurate term, I'll gladly use it...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo