Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SNMPv3 solved, Bugfixes, Nagios-Event-Propagation and more  (Read 16451 times)

steffen1

• View Profile
Re: SNMPv3 solved, Bugfixes, Nagios-Event-Propagation and more
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 04:25:33 PM »
Hello Wilga,

To get Juniper devices working you will need the Juniper device packages as well, see:

http://forum.nedi.ch/index.php?topic=537.0

For Link discovery you will need to setup LLDP between Juniper devices. Because CDP is Cisco properitary, you cant get Juniper devices working with CDP.

Steffen

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »
I just read Steffens post again about loading the dev macs from the DB. Coincidently I added this recently for other reasons 8) You're absolutely right, this will be of great value for the topology calculation....and even remove another hurdle for threaded discovery!
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

steffen1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »
little update to netmon-nedi-libs:
sub WriteDev@libdb-msq: detect rename of devices and fix it, to avoid duplicate IP's.
see attached file

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 06:10:51 PM »
I've added mapna and maplo to cover renamed devices and fix those without location info. Probably, not as elegant as your solution...

BTW context really belongs to get calls not to creating the session. A very security minded "customer" showed me his approach. Just got v3 read access working now! I still have to find a suitable oid, for testing write access...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

steffen1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 10:24:14 PM »
one idea for an OID: whats abaut the location string in system MIB? So you can also control the rollout of SNMP location from NeDi with SNMPv3.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 12:19:33 AM »
I'm getting pretty good results now with changing snmpEnableAuthenTraps. I can also set ifadmin status in Devices-Status as promised 8) (Far from being finished, though)
-Remo

steffen1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2010, 06:45:50 PM »
Hello,

I did some new staff and fixed some older issues into the netmon-nedi-libs, see attached zip, most importand changes&news:
1. Management-IP-Selection is not dependend on a network loopback design, new Prios: 1. pingable, 2. SysName=DNS/etc-hostsname, 3. loopback
2. Netfilter could be combined with CIDR (new, dependend to Net::CIDR::Lite) and RegExp (backward compatible) ';' seperated, see nedi.conf in zip
3. MAC-based links are working now
4. Reports-Devices.php=>Unlinked: show all isolated devices and linked devices that are not discovered yet
5. new nedi options: -S (skip Bridge Forwarding), -P programmers opt to can quicker optimize some post processing, -O to make something only, e.g. Backup Configs
6. for large CDP/LLDP Link-tables: increased SNMP-max_msg_size to 64K
7. fixed SNMPv3 context issue, thx Remo for this hint
8. auto detection and cleanup of device renaming to avoid duplicate management IP's in nedi
---
9. started new idea (not finished yet): link isolated cloudes of devices with L3 links.

merry christmas, Steffen

paedi

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 06:30:33 PM »
Hi Steffen
I used Nedi in a Cisco environment at my former company and it worked very well. I now changed to a company that has a "Juniper-Only" environment. I'm therefore very much interested to use your files. I'm wondering whether the files you uploaded (mainly 1.0.5) are compatible with 1.0.6? I have to say, so far I am using Nedi without any of your files.
The switches in our environment are setup as several virtual chassis, I can imagine this being a nightmare for Nedi. I.e. the hosts all show as connected to a reth interface on the virtual chassi, rather than to what physical switch, this is not much of a help. ;-) Is there a readme.txt file coming with your files? I was wondering where I need to copy your files to and whether I need to rename them from something like Devices-Graph.v1-0-5.php to Devices-Graph.php. This probably depends on how you have included them in your nedi.conf file. Have you a already a "remedy" for the non existing Juniper Modules? With cisco devices, I had a very nice view of all the modules in the switches/routers.
Thanks for your contribution Steffen to support Juniper devices anyway. And of course thanks to Remo as well. ;-)
Patrick

steffen1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 11:31:39 PM »
Hi Patrick,

Attached current version of netmon_nedi-libs including readme, install script, device files, icons ...
You will need 7zip to can extract this 2 zip/7z images.

Steffen

P.S.: @Remo is it possible to allow 7z as file type having much higher compression ratio than zip?

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »
Sure, if I find out how to configure this :)
-Remo

steffen1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »
Hello,

After some time I'll come back with a complete reworked version of nedi-netmon extensions compatible to v1.0.7 now and certainly new for you a config controlled complete propagation into Nagios/Icinga/OMD Monitoring, that Im called nedi2nagios.
The concept of this stage is to seperate 2 main competencies of Network Management into their leading OpenSource tools:
- NeDi          => Config&Inventory-management,reporting,discovering,Network-Knowledge-Base,Endstation-tracking
- Nagios&AddOns => Monitoring&Alerting

Main part of the nedi-netmon extensions rework was to concentrate all changes and extensions in the libnetmon.pm as far as possible.
To be OMD multisite capable it isnt possible 100% currently. So also some other nedi files need to be replaced (by the installer),
but with just very light changes.

The installation is handled by attached image containing nnedi_install.sh (-? for help) that is covering also the netmon extensions to previous nedi versions. But keep in mind only v1.0.7 will be compatible to OMD based Nagios/Icinga.
Nedi and Nagios need to be installed before.

Some hints for installation and usage could be found in the 2 readme's inside the attached image.

Steffen
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:02:47 PM by steffen1 »

123ralle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 08:30:32 AM »
Hallo Steffen,

very good work and i'am quite interested in the integration.
Is there a chance that the whole thing is adapted to the current version of Nedi? (1.4)

Lieb Gruesse,
Ralf