Did some bugfixes and extensions in the past to nedi, that was necessary for my last projects dealing with nedi. Thats are 3 libs for v1.0.4 and 2 libs for v1.0 (less features, than described below), that should replace the original libs located at ./inc - see attachments.
I hope and wish, that NeDi's father will take the fixes and features to the offical code
1. to can propagade NeDi messages into nagios,
2. sub WriteInt to avoid false positives in virtual and unpredictable bandwitch interface alerting
3. write config to file in case the file has been lost before
4. filename is none blanked now (strftime)
5. dont delete Links in case of adding a single device
1. sub Enterprise => Memory message + KB representation
2. restructuring of SNMP-session => New sub openSNMP
+ more fault tolerance and output in case of failed SNMP-session creation
3. get SNMPv3 working + sensing v2/v3, only 1 Rule if mixing v2/3:
same v2-Community may not be a v3-Username!
4. more fault tolerance within .def file parsing: strict \t has been replaced
by any whitespace characters. E.g. ASA-def (670) within v1.0.4 package will not work
with the original strict \t parsing, because the version sensing is initiated by
1. sub WriteCfg: filename is none blanked now (strftime)
2. sub InitSeed:
- more fault tolerance, strict \t has been replaced by any whitespace characters
and 3rd field will be read as initial SNMP version
- -A => will set initial Community and initial SNMP version to avoid self generated
AuthTraps in environments with plenty communities and mixed v2/v3
Q: What is the reason to have a strict \t instead of \s+ parsing for nedi.conf?
P.S.: if you used the attached nedi-libs-netmon -2009-07.zip please update with the renewed one from today (2.9.2009)
nedi-libs-netmon -2009-09.zip. There were some issues with libsnmp.pl and moni.pl is v3 able as well now.
bugfix-1: avoid v1 fallback after failed v3
bugfix-2: more efficient and relyable probing
bugfix-3: v3-auth (not-priv) is now working as well
bugfix-4: All nodes has seen at the device that own the Default Gateway
forgot one very special thing while restructuring of SNMP-session creation:
Bridge Forwarding MIB opens VLAN based views only, if you extend the VLAN-number
after the community or V3-user, e.g.: You will get the nodes in VLAN701 only,
if you query the device using public@701 instead of public.