Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HP Procurve Switches + NEDI  (Read 4121 times)

elwad

HP Procurve Switches + NEDI
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
Hi folks, I am running nedi 1.0.3 and have it happily polling our our cisco switches for data. We also use HP for edge switches here, and I am having great difficulty getting it to connect to them via telnet. Also, when it gets the "population" of the switch VIA SNMP it only returns the mac address of the management vlan, and nothing connected to any switchports. Can anyone offer any insight into this?

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: HP Procurve Switches + NEDI
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 01:24:30 AM »
In order to get ProCurve to work for CLI access you'll have to turn off the escape sequences by setting terminal to none (requires reboot). I'll start working on a new cli library to take care of this, but it'll take some time...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

elwad

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:09:59 PM »
Thanks for your reply :), I'll keep trying at it.

gumba

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 02:53:44 PM »
For CLI access to ProCurve devices, you may want to have a look at rancid (http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/), which works perfect for pulling configs from ProCurve switches. As far as I've seen, it's build up in a pretty modular way, especially a separate login script for every switch vendor, so maybe this can be helpful.