Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Announcements  (Read 9898 times)

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Announcements
« on: June 07, 2009, 01:11:10 PM »
We got some attention in networkworld  ;D Thanks to adhendb for pointing it out...

http://www.networkworld.com/slideshows/2009/060109-free-management-apps.html?ts0hb&story=9apps#slide5
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Announcements
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 08:21:17 PM »
And another great contribution from a faithful Swiss NeDi user!  8) Rauchi provides a live demo environment with a virtual network! We'll see how well this works, as I didn't design the GUI to have 67 concurrent logins...but we'll see:
http://www.nedi.ch/links

Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:32:55 AM »
Just in case you haven't noticed yet, there's a new section available: http://tools.nedi.ch/

Device Doctor will also be in the distribution and allows you to upload and parse HP "show tech all" or Cisco "show tech-support" files. Be aware when uploading sensitive files, that they're in the hands of my hoster (which of course, I trust, but this needs to be said these days). The file size limit is around 2000 lines and IE doesn't work very well with pre-formatted stuff, but you might already know that...

The subnet calculator has been with NeDi for a long time, but still might be handy this way as well.

Have fun
-Remo
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »
Here's the press release of the event last week. Sorry only in German :)
-Remo

tristanbob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 11:14:20 PM »
Remo - That sounds exciting!  Here is the Google German to English translation:

"Westerstede, 01.10.2010 - The Sector Nord AG and its partners called and got more than 100 customers and prospects. Large companies from the region and beyond, gave himself once again in the Universe Conference Center Bremen came together. The lectures on topics from the fields of system, network, application and ticket management were well received. In particular, guest speakers and open source developers Remo Rickli (NeDi community) from Switzerland was able to convince.

With the launch of the Alpha version of SNAG-View 3.0 Sector Nord AG presented the third generation of her based on open source systems management suite. The final release was announced in 2011. At the upcoming CeBIT further details are presented."
Please visit "Other"->"Invoices" on your NeDi installation to make an annual contribution and support Nedi!

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 12:23:25 PM »
thanks Tristan. Pretty good translation too...
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
Going to have a little NeDi speech again...

http://www.nedi.ch/2011/10/snag-view-event/
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 10:10:44 PM »
Sorry for the spam today. Thanks to all those, who notified me!

I personally look at every registration, but this one seemed innocent enough. The result is I'll be even more strict now! Sometimes I wish to be able to send around 100kV across the wire to fry certain people's computers!

Since I can't (yet), for what it's worth:

Hello Golden Telecom Ukraine NOC

Please have a look at this IP address: 188.163.64.242

It has been used to spam my forum, which actually hosts opensource network management software! I really hope you understand that it is frustrating to provide free software for the whole world, and some people abuse even such efforts. I'd appreciate, if you take apropriate actions...

BR
-Remo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:33:47 PM by rickli »
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »
Many thanks to Rauchi for updating his NeDi Live installation over at itprime.ch!
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »
I've been on vacation in southern France for the past 2 weeks. Sorry for the delays in getting new accounts approved :) But now I'm as good as new and mulling over some new ideas for 109...
-Remo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 01:12:31 AM »
nedi.ch was under attack  >:( However I've learned quite a bit about forensics now! I've reinstalled the forum and the main website. Everything will be back to normal shortly...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:32:30 AM by rickli »
-Remo