Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Upgrade to NeDi v1.0.4 question  (Read 3390 times)

steffen1

Upgrade to NeDi v1.0.4 question
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
Hello Forum,

I want to upgrade an existing NeDi system with v1/2008 with keeping all existing data in database, by means without calling nedi.pl -i.

Are there changes in the DB-structure, so that I need to overwrite the files only? If not how I can achieve the upgrade without loosing data?

I would prefere sql-Export files instead having the structure inside the perl or php code. So you can manage upgrades better, e.g. with naming the sql-files.

Steffen

gumba

Re: Upgrade to NeDi v1.0.4 question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 02:03:37 PM »
This thread might answer your questions: http://forum.nedi.ch/index.php?topic=478.0

steffen1

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 03:33:14 PM »
thx for your hint.

There is written that a init DB is nessasary beside the Upgrade of the 2 tables User and Stock.
If I read the code of sub InitDB, I can see a drop database, what means we will loose all data gatherered before with DB initialization.

Does it mean, there is currently no way to upgrade Nedi1 to 1.0.4 without loosing data?

gumba

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »
What you can do is dumping your MySQL tables to file before re-initializing the database. The scripts for transforming the tables are meant to have your data ready to be re-imported into the re-initialized database to your new NeDi.
Don't know if there are any significant changes in other tables as well that might cause problems when re-importing data others than users and stock.

steffen1

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:35 AM »
Just for information:

The Upgrade option:
1. mysqldump(v1.0DB) --without DROPTables
2. v1.0.4 Installation + nedi.pl -i
3. mysql -f < v1.0DB
4. rediscovering

doesnt work completly, because to many changes in the device table. You can keep e.g. node table for first/last seen and some more, only.

You will need a v1.0_v1.0.4_diff.sql script to can upgrade without loosing data simular to cacti's upgrade
mechanism.

Q: Does a MySQL tool exists, that can produce such MySQL diff scripts, based on 2 mysqldumps?

Steffen