Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WLAN Config  (Read 2542 times)

scribner

WLAN Config
« on: May 08, 2009, 09:26:12 PM »
I am working on getting Nedi setup and having some issues detecting my Access Points.  I have found the wlan.txt file and have add the mac prefixes for my AP's but Nedi doesn't appear to look at that file.  How do I update the database for my AP's?

Thanks

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: WLAN Config
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »
wlan.txt is read during initialization and is only used by Reports-Wlan, which matches all nodes against those MAC samples. This is an attempt to detect rogue APs from the wired side. While of course false positives are imminent, it help me to detect real rogues as well...

Now to you  :) What kind of APs (brand, model, fat or light?) are you trying to discover?
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

scribner

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 05:57:27 PM »
We have about 35 - 40 Cisco APs many of them are 1231.  They are being discovered by Nedi, I was just thinking that the Wlan report would show me all of my AP's in a report.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 03:32:14 PM »
If they're configured as fat you'll need to discover the like any other devices, with the advantage to backup configs get SN etc. Just make sure they don't match nosnmpdev...

For leightweight, they'll need to match nosnmpdev in nedi.conf with that the discovery doesn't slow down (as snmp will be ignored). They'll be added with the information CDP reveals...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo