Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SNMPv3 with Cisco Devices  (Read 3118 times)

genji0714

SNMPv3 with Cisco Devices
« on: April 28, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »
Hello all,

I am not sure if this is just something with Cisco or not but I cannot get SNMPv3 working. When I put the proper settings into nedi.conf I try to run nedi.pl -pob and I get

NeDi 1.0.4 - 4.Apr 2009
OUI:   14892 NIC vendor entries read
Dev:   0 devices read from nedi.devices
Link:   0 links (WHERE type = "STAT") read from nedi.links

Discovery with 1 seed(s) on Tue Apr 28 08:27:43 2009
====================================================================================
Device            Status                 Todo/Done-Time
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.12.12.1   Can't call method "get_request" on an undefined value at ./inc/libsnmp.pl line 77.

Also if I try to do a snmpwalk from my nedi server that is running Ubuntu 8.04 it will not work unless I use the -l switch to define the level of security....(ie. authPriv, noAuth, authNoPriv....etc). Is it possible that nedi needs to have the ability to allow us to put this level in to get it to work with cisco devices.

Please if any has snmpv3 working with nedi 1.0.4 please let me know. I absolutely must get this working as soon as possible.

Thank you all.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: SNMPv3 with Cisco Devices
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »
It's not entirely implemented in 1.0.4 yet. Hope you can live with readonly SNMP 2c access for timebeing...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

genji0714

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »
Is there any work around because I have just updated all my switches to snmp v3.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »
I will try to get it ready for 1.0.5 which I plan to bundle with OpenBSD 4.5 due in May...but don't hold your breath as my job is crazy these days...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

genji0714

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »
I understand! I really appreciate the work that you have done on NeDI. It is such a great product to have running. I will have to make due without it until then.

Thank you.

:)