Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: cisco 6509 no backup after eventmanager installation  (Read 2419 times)

kierberger

cisco 6509 no backup after eventmanager installation
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:16:23 AM »
Hi folks,

Both of our cisco 6509 wonīt backup any longer via nedi. The last action was enabling the event manager to mail uplink errors directly via smtp. The cli bulb is red, after resetting via the "retry login" icon it stays red, in the upper middle part of the browser window a message appears : xxxxxxxx-CLI Update OK.
When i do a manual ./nedi.pl -b -v lots of config data is created , but with no error. What Iīm missing in the debug data are the "event manager applet" lines.
Maybe there is a problem īcause the event manager applet data is about 19kB? I know that the event manager is obsolet when we use nedi, cause the syslog eventmailing in nedi works perfect but itīs part of our holding policy  :P
The 3750 switches are backup up like always - no problem.
But - maybe itīs completely different and my troubleshooting/debugging goes the wrong way.

So how can I really debug the backup process ?

thanx
josef

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: cisco 6509 no backup after eventmanager installation
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
what is the "event manager", a cisco feature? I did document the current CLI library: http://www.nedi.ch/discovery:libcli-sshnet

Basically, if you get config output with -v everything should be fine. Timeouts can be adjusted directly in the lib. You should also check, whether the config end is matching as well (/^(: )?end$|<\/config>/). Note that the DB will only be updated, if changes are detected. I'll add a report for better backup tracking BTW...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

rufer

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:55:03 AM »
Maybe you could post an extract of the config you added? Does it add some binary code in the config like certificates do?

Greetings
Rufer

kierberger

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
Thank you for your replies,
attached you will find an attachment with a ShoConf-log  and a nedi-b-v logfile.

havīa nice day
Josef
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 06:56:40 PM by kierberger »