Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nodes discovered only on port channel  (Read 1642 times)

hlefranc

• View Profile
Nodes discovered only on port channel
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:59:05 am »
Hello,
I'm french, sorry for my bad english ...
I installed NEDI 1.8 on Debian 10 distribution without problem, all seem works fine but I have issue about node discovering.
All nodes discovered are detected only on ports channel links, there is no mapping on switches ports.
I'm using Dell switches N2048 with 2 routers F10 s4810.
I don't have this problem with my old NEDI 1.07.
Is there a way to resolve this issue ?
See screenshots int file attached.

Bests regards,

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Nodes discovered only on port channel
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 11:19:46 am »
I wonder, why it worked it the older version  :-[

You can go ahead and update to 1.9C now :-) In Devices-Status click on the interface description of that port channel (with too much population). You end up in Devices-Interfaces with that port channel filtered. On the right you can set "No Population" and click Update. The nodes should wander off to the correct interfaces now...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

hlefranc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 09:47:26 am »
Hello,
Thanks you for your reply.
I just performed the upgrade to 1.9C and now mapping IP-MAC-Port seem works fine !
But now I have another error with Dell Force10 switches when I run "nedi.pl" :
/..
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Data too long for column 'model' at row 1 at /var/nedi/inc/libdb.pm line 1482. DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Data too long for column 'model' at row 1 at /var/nedi/inc/libdb.pm line 1482.
../

I don't see vlans and modules into GUI nedi console.

Regards,

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 09:32:15 am »
Oha, that's not good. How long are those model names? You can remove or change the OID in Defed, which should prevent the discovery from stopping.

Models (DB has 64 chars) shouldn't as long as descriptions (255 chars). The field was enlarged from the 1.8 version. Run the DB update in System-NeDi, if it's still 32 chars.

Last but not least you can enlarge the DB field, if you think it should be even bigger:

ALTER TABLE modules ALTER model SET DATA TYPE varchar(128);
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo