NeDi Software Specific > Discovery

CDPD link changed on discovery

(1/2) > >>

ingoh:
We have some ports with GXP2160 IP phones. These are detected by CDP and the description is set according: CDP:GXP2160_xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Some users seem to turn off the device outside working hours (power strip?) and nedi sends annoying discovery messages ("...was CDPD link changed type  from CDPD" or "...is CDPD link changed type  to CDPD"). Is there a way to skip this messages for these devices or selected ports?

Thanks!

rickli:
Phones should create CDPF links, which won't create notifactions like that. So the proper fix is to have those phones properly recognised. How good are your Perl skills? :)
Look at the function Disprot() in libsnmp.pm, if you dare. There's a section where all the phones are defined. Simply add another if for yours to match (look for $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{ic} = "phon";). I can help in a remote session, if you want. Just send me a mail...

ingoh:
Found the section in function DisProtocol() of libsnmp.pm and added a new match in the elsif - but nothing changed  :(

The phone is shown in Devices|Interfaces>Comment as "CDP:GXP2160_xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx". Do I have to match /GXP2160/ against $neb{$i}{$n}{'na'} or another entry?

--- Code: ---   }elsif($neb{$i}{$n}{'na'} =~ /GXP2160/){
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{ty} = "GXP2160";
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{ic} = "phon";
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{sv} = 34;
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{dm} = 30;
      $misc::portprop{$na}{$lif}{lnk} = 'F';
      $main::dev{$neb{$i}{$n}{'na'}}{ven} = 'Grandstream';

--- End code ---

rickli:
The change looks good to me. Do you see NeDi trying to discover the phone with SNMP? You probably have to add a match for the type in nedi.conf nosnmpdev.

ingoh:
Added GXP2160 to nosnmpdev and after a new discovery the connection type has changed to CDPF  :)

Thanks a lot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version