Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 3021 times)

swepart

• View Profile
Suggestions
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:51:17 pm »
- Make it possible to place RRD on other path (in my case other disc,  this will speed up IO operations)
- Make it possible to use RRDcached (speed up IO)
- Integration with With LibreNMS or Observium (great for interface graphing / statistics,  I prefer LibreNMS )

Weird thoughts :)  howabout grafana,  influxdb and prometheus
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:01:54 am by swepart »

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:08:06 pm »
Good topics:
- Can you mount the external disc under nedi/rrd ? As I'm looking at dockerizing, it might be improved though...
- Do you know what needs to be done for that?
- Use the PHP devtools, iftools and nodetools in order to add links to other applications or even embed info from those tools inside NeDi
- NeDi has an API or you could access the DB directly to analyze with grafana I guess...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

swepart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 12:25:58 am »

I played around  with both LibreNMS and Observium and when having around 100-120 switches none of them was able to keep up with updating mysql and the RRD files..   When I looked into to the config file there was variable that pointed out where to find the RRD files so I simply changed the variable to point to another disk..   And now it works..

But to get even better performance I installed RRDcached (that is supporter by both) and when using ATOP command I can see that polling time have gone down substantially.

I will try to mount a disk under rrd-directory and see what the result is,,  it should work,  I think,,   what doesnt work is sym-links, RRD dont like that

I will also try  PHP devtools, iftools and nodetools and se if I can integrate with librenms/observium

About Grafana,  Grafana have a Mysql and PostGress connector.

I will come back about my tests

swepart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 03:02:40 pm »
I have done a test with mounting a disk directly to /var/nedi/rrd..   the result was good,  my disk load gone down with 50%

So my recommendation is to mount other disk for RRDs

FYI
I am using HP 146GB 2.5-inch SFF SAS 6Gb/s 15K RPM disks