Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Syslog] [Event List] Source Row is using Device-IP instead of Device-Name  (Read 3934 times)

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
Hi all,

I'm just wondering how I can map syslog messages to the real Device-Name and also embed that messages in the Event List on specific Devices-Status.php page?

At the Moment on Monitoring-Events.php the Source Row ist showing the IP Address of the incoming syslog messages (activated via System - Services, Port UDP 1514)

Cheers,
Jan

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
You need to make sure that the source IP correspond with the IP used for discovery (main IP). Then you should see the correct device and syslog events receive a higher level which is mapped from the syslog severity.
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
Re: [Syslog] [Event List] Source Row is using Device-IP instead of Device-Name
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:27:39 pm »
Thanks; I also had to make sure that the (Enterasys) Switches send their SysName instead of the IP.

Code: [Select]
set logging hostname sysName

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 03:09:25 pm »
Update, only one last switch doesnt "switch" from IP to sysname and it still mapped to a "Class Node Event" (Monitoring-Events.php)

(Also this Device BaseMAC (Enterasys) is listed in nedi.conf under ignoredmac - See https://forum.nedi.ch/index.php?topic=2156.0)

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 03:16:22 pm »
Update, only one last switch doesnt "switch" from IP to sysname and it still mapped to a "Class Node Event" (Monitoring-Events.php)

(Also this Device BaseMAC (Enterasys) is listed in nedi.conf under ignoredmac - See https://forum.nedi.ch/index.php?topic=2156.0)

Problem gone since changing the Hostnamen on the Switch

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 02:45:56 pm »
Interesting, I've no idea why, but if it works :)
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo