Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can't add new devices (or rediscover existing) due to mysql Error "Out of range"  (Read 2344 times)

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
Hello all,

I'm in the initial rollout process of my first own NeDi Installation (more or less based on https://www.nedi.ch/installation/suse-installation/)

Since I have added a few custom def files for Extreme Summit switches, the rediscover of existing and the adding of new devices of that vendor is not successfull any longer.

The devices return a lot of data now, but then the polling stops at some point with message like this:

„DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Out of range value for column 'temp' at row 1 at /var/nedi/inc/libdb.pm line 994”

Line number is different, AFAIR all the time.

Is this a ressource/config problem with mysql or php (execute timeout maybe), maybe due to the amount of infos the switches are sending back now?

Any tip would be realy appreciated  :)

Cheers,
Jan

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Discover with -v to see that actual temperature value. Looks like it's above 255C :)

Inserting this at line 735 of inc/libsnmp.pm should fix the DB problem:
            $temp = 255 if $temp > 255;
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

SchmuFoo

• View Profile
Discover with -v to see that actual temperature value. Looks like it's above 255C :)

Inserting this at line 735 of inc/libsnmp.pm should fix the DB problem:
            $temp = 255 if $temp > 255;

Ha, temp stands for temperarute and not temporary as I thought  ;D

Now it makes sense AND your proposal did the Trick, Thanks Remo!

Cheers,
Jan