Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Assets Management  (Read 2648 times)

Alimachina

• View Profile
Assets Management
« on: January 16, 2018, 10:23:34 am »
Hi,
I'm using the 1.5 version and have some trouble with the Assets Management module and Serial numbers.

The inventory don't update automatically : the devices are mark at "No Inventory" after the 1st discovery but don't update after next discovery.
If I manually add a device as "Active", it'll remain "Active" even if the device isn't and the next discovery can't find it.
And same, if I put a device as "Inactive" (then I delete the device, like if it's put in stock) and I reuse the device later (a new discovery show it up) it'll stay mark as "Inactive".

In the NeDi Yt videos, we can see it update itself after a new discovery.

Maybe I missed something ?

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Assets Management
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 02:19:12 pm »
I've introduced an option to manage assets some years ago: -Y. Use it like -Yam to add all assets (including phones and modules with SN). You need to "deactivate" assets manually, since NeDi doesn't know what happened to unreachable assets.

The only exception: Starting with NeDi 1.6 there's a option in nedi.conf to automatically set devices to replaced, if the SN of a name has been changed...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

Alimachina

• View Profile
Re: Assets Management
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:14:19 am »
Thx Rickli !
That's exactly what I was looking for  ;)