Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: nedi.conf - a way to use border inclusively?  (Read 76 times)

mduling

• View Profile
nedi.conf - a way to use border inclusively?
« on: May 02, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »
Running Nedi-1.5C.  I run nedi.pl with the -pr option, since lldp on some devices returns a neighbor ip that is in a vrf nedi can't reach and I can't control that on Cisco so far as I know, so I use -pr and the nodes that nedi times out on are picked up later in the discovery via route tables so nothing is missed.

But for a couple of devices I want to stop nedi from following the route tables, so I use the border keyword. But then then it misses the devices themselves instead of just the devices in its route table.

So is there a way to have the border command to be interpreted to discover the border device, but nothing beyond it? Before trying it I had supposed that's the way it would work. Could the border keyword include the border device, rather than excluding it? I can work around it by running a separate discover job with a separate nedi.conf without -r. It works fine, but I'm just wondering if it might be a good feature, or perhaps others haven't run into this.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: nedi.conf - a way to use border inclusively?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 01:44:09 PM »
You can't use border, but netfilter perhaps? Also mapip to 0.0.0.0 could do the trick, if it's only  a few known neighbors...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo