Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NeDiO14 (ESXi-VM), discovery not clearing old entries, by design?  (Read 1443 times)

Francesco M

• View Profile
Dear all

I've just started testing NeDi using the ESXi image and a bunch of HP and Cisco switch, doing manual discovery from the User/Profile page.
The discovery is working but if I change something in the setup (i.e. move switch connection from port 9 to 11) and run discovery again in the Topology/Links table the old 9 entry (LLDP) still shows up and it looks like the two devices are connected on both ports.
If I clean the DB from shell and run discovery again the real network setup is discovered correctly.
Not sure if this is by design and the clean up of the db run from cron jobs only.

Another thing, not a real problem, based on the content of the seedlist switches might end up or not in the node page (I'd rather no).
I mean that if I enter only the IP of the core switch in the seedlist NeDi discovery correctly also the other switches, they are listed in the devices page but all the switches (except the core) are listed also in the node page.
If I enter the full subnet in the seedlist the device are discovered correctly and the node page only list real node.

Thanks
Best Regards

Francesco

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: NeDiO14 (ESXi-VM), discovery not clearing old entries, by design?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 12:08:46 AM »
Both (obsolete links and nodes that are actually devices) will retire automatically. The default is 30 days and can be changed in nedi.conf
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo