Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Email alerts  (Read 2934 times)

cyberdude

• View Profile
Email alerts
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:06:37 PM »
I am running nedi 1.4. It works great but I can not get the email alerts to work. Is there a way to test the email functionality and make sure that Nedi is able to send emails. I have the server ip added as a relay on my exchange server but I dont seem to be getting emails. I have an email address added under my profile. Attached is an example of an alert i have setup. Long story short is there something to click on to do a test email. I tried selecting under monitor, test, email and click update but I never get an email. Thanks for any input.

harry

• View Profile
Re: Email alerts
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 06:15:21 AM »
You need to setup your SMTP address in nedi.conf.

cyberdude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 01:52:33 PM »
Thanks for the information but I have the smtp server ip address added and I also have a mail from address in the nedi.conf file. I was hoping there was a way to have nedi send a test email to verify that the email alerts are working.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 09:28:24 AM »
There is, but only in CLI:
nedio14:~#/var/nedi/moni.pl -vc200   

In NeDi 1.5 this can be done in the GUI...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

cyberdude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »
I am not sure why but yesterday I started getting email alerts. So it must be working now. I just need to play with the settings to determine what I need to set. Is there a way to have it only send one alert for each event? For example if you alert on a down device have it just send 1 email instead of several, then send one upon a recovery. Thanks for the information.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 06:28:04 PM »
That's how it's supposed to work. You can set a target to "mail repeat" to send reminders every 100th failed test...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo