Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: update to 1.4  (Read 6097 times)

campat

• View Profile
update to 1.4
« on: March 03, 2015, 09:13:30 AM »
Hi Remo,

i try to update nedi 1.09  to nedi 1.4, but i have some Problem. I use the GUI and follow your instruction....
( Use System-Files -> “Update NeDi (Backup Configuration)” with nedi archive
Use System-Files -> “Update NeDi (Replace Configuration)” with patch archive (as it doesn’t contain config files, backup is not necessary) )

but dosn't work. I become always the same error

Errors Read nedi-1.4.tgz

What i make wrong?

Bye
campat

campat

• View Profile
Re: update to 1.4
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
Hi,

no answer ?

so, now i try a fresh new install of nedi 1.4, but i have some strange Problems. Maybe someone can help me.

- Some menus has missing links like Topology ->  Locations ... "The requested URL /nedi/html/Topology-Locations.php was not found on this server."
Topology -> Loced?

- with the nedi Version 1.09 the system discovered 2020 Nodes with nedi 1.4 i have only 300. where all the other nodes?

- in the Device_status view i miss the node-view-map. I have soma AP (HP msm 310/320). with the old version of nedi i become a nice node-view on the device status map and i can see all the arp adress on this AP. with the new Nedi Version isnt there any map

What is the Problem?

Thanks campat

campat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:58:37 PM »
Hi,

here some more information to the missing Nodes story.

here is the log  from a normal discovery thread:
Prepare (CLI) ----------------------------------------------------------------
PREP:ARP/ND table not implemented ArpND (SNMP)
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
SNMP:Connect x.x.x.x public v2 Tout:2s MaxMS:1472 Retry:1 NB:0
IP2M: <the mac address from the node>  on Fa0 <ip adress from the node>

Write ArpND
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 WAND:0 new IPs and 0 updates written RNBR:0 neighbors read

So i see the normal process running and i can see all the discovered mac-addresses and ip - address of the node, but they are not write in the DB

why?

Thanks

ntmark

• View Profile
    • tvnz.co.nz
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:59:15 PM »
Have you initiated nedi with the -i option from command line?  run nedi.pl with no options to see a list of the options.
This should create the database schema.

Can you connect to the database from a sql client?
What OS are you running and what type of Database?

Mark.

campat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 08:50:04 AM »
Hi Mark,

yes i have done all the tests you desribe.
I have initiate the database from the CLI and from the Gui.

the new version of nedi discovered all the notes with cdp from the switch we use and some other macaddress but from all the other devices like router or access point only the devices with cdp.

i use at the moment a ubuntu, with mysql.

thanks campat

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 10:26:39 AM »
As mentioned here https://forum.nedi.ch/index.php?topic=1817.msg7367#new, this is why I have to cut down support in the forum.
Hope you understand that I focus efforts to those who pay for NeDi as a service. I also hope the community member help each other out...

I've described all major changes in the Readme.txt, which should address your problems. As to the patching not working, your webserver needs to allow for file upload > 4MB and write access to the nedi folder...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:32:51 PM by rickli »
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

campat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 11:37:13 AM »
Hi Remo,

i understand what you mean but i am not so amused about that. So i can wait, but i hope you will find time to support also the community.
maybe the next time you came to Wuerth-Phoenix we can talk about this.

Anyway:

You write this in the readme

*** I had to completely rebuild the nodes handling. The DB changes have gotten way too complex to preserve the data.
*** I am sorry to say this again, but you'll need to initialize the DB!

and i have done all this things.

I have found the mac-address of the devices in the "nodarp" table in the database and the relation between the mac and the discovered devices in the column "arpdevice". But i miss the map that show this. Why?

thx

ntmark

• View Profile
    • tvnz.co.nz
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 02:29:13 AM »
Hi campat,

What flags are you running nedi with?
-p should do your cdp discovery.
You could try it with -r flag as well?   ./nedi.pl -pr
I'm not sure but maybe even -o could help.

Also do you have the snmp/cli login details for the other devices in nedi.conf if they are different from the CDP devices?
Is snmp configured on the other devices?  You can test by running snmpwalk from the nedi server to the device.
something like:   
Code: [Select]
snmpwalk -v 2c -c <snmp community> <IP of device>
Mark.

campat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 12:08:20 PM »
Hi Mark,

thanks for your help.

with the old version of nedi all the machines discovered with the arp address are Nodes also. with the new Version of Nedi Nodes only devices discovered with cdp are Nodes. And i do not understand why?

The parameter for the discovery are always the same.

Now i try your suggestions. Maybe i dont understand what remo has write in the Readme.txt.

I will let you know what.

thx campat

campat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »
Hi Guys,

in the Events log from the router i can see, the discover event like this

13484    [Notice]    10.Mar 15 11:00    <name device>    [IP Change (secj), Device Status]    Node <MacAddress> [Node Status] has new IP address <IP Address> [Nodes List] [Lookup] [Monitoring-Events] and name <FQDN>
13483    [Notice]    10.Mar 15 11:00    <name-device>    [IP Change (secj), Device Status]    Node <MacAddress> [Node Status] has new IP address <IP Address> [Nodes List] [Lookup] [Monitoring-Events] and name <FQDN>

but i cant find them in the node list or in the maps.

thx ccampat

ascii

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 02:51:39 PM »
can you check in the database directly?
in the nedi database is a table called nodes.
are there any enteries in it?

campat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »
yes, in the table node are all the nodes discovered with cdp protocoll  during the normal discovery process

all the other devices, discovered only with mac-adress , are in the table nodarp.

thx

sergrok

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 02:05:16 PM »
Hello. I have the same issue after upgrading to version 1.4. If I use the option "OUI discovery", then the table "nodarp" in the database is always empty.
I think the problem in the following code in libdb.pm. If the option "OUI discovery" is enabled, then all nodes processed as devices.

Code: [Select]
                                                if($main::opt{'o'}){                                    # Only queue if OUI discovery set
                                                        my $oui = &misc::GetOui($mc);
                                                        if($mc =~ /$misc::ouidev/ or $oui =~ /$misc::ouidev/i){
                                                                if($mc =~ /$misc::border/ or $oui =~ /$misc::border/){
                                                                        &misc::Prt("OUI :$mc or $oui matches border /$misc::border/\n");
                                                                        $bd++;
                                                                }elsif($main::opt{'S'} =~ /X/ and exists  $misc::seedini{$mip} ){
                                                                        &misc::Prt("DBG :Not queueing existing OUI device $mip with -SX\n") if $main::opt{'d'};
                                                                }else{
                                                                        &misc::Prt("DBG :MAC or $oui matches /$misc::ouidev/i\n") if $main::opt{'d'};
                                                                        $ad += misc::CheckTodo( $mc, $mip );
                                                                }
                                                        }else{
                                                                &misc::Prt("DBG :MAC or $oui doesn't match /$misc::ouidev/i\n") if $main::opt{'d'};
                                                        }
                                                      $isdev = 1;
                                                }
                                                if( $isdev ){
                                                        $nips = 0;                                      # Avoid ARP posion check on devices
                                                }else{        # It's a node

Ugly hack: if you comment out the line "$isdev = 1;" then the problem disappears.                             
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:21:46 PM by sergrok »

Peter@Lichtenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 03:37:10 PM »
Hello NeDi Community,

I have some problems after installing NeDi 1.43 and the patch 1.43p3 at Debian/Linux 7 from scratch.

there are gaps at the top.rrd graphs. The hourly scan is ready after ca. 30 Mins without any errors. The device and port graphs have no gaps. How to debug this behavior?

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near line 1 ‘)’ at line 1”
if I click the Monitor Add icon at Device Status for the Cisco office, access and core switches . The icon change to a red cross. For some Cisco Access Points it works. Any ideas?

Regards

Peter

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »
sergrok: Are you sure you're using oui discovery correctly? You need to specify the vendors you want to match with ouidev in nedi.conf. Othewise you should not use -o

I've tested with 1.4 and it works as expected:
DBG :MAC or Extreme Networks matches /Extreme/i
TODO:Adding 10.10.10.248   (000496276def)      0

Peter: Run the discoveries with -vdb to get verbose and basic debug output. Maybe some runs don't finish properly?
The monitoring problem is my fault. I tried to improve something, but didn't check for all dependencies. Sorry for that, will be fixed with patch5
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:10:35 AM by rickli »
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo