Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: nedi.pl dies wiht FQHN in seedlist file  (Read 1604 times)

tuxfrog

  • Guest
nedi.pl dies wiht FQHN in seedlist file
« on: February 13, 2015, 04:57:28 PM »
Hi,
i just upgraded my Nedi System from 1.09 to the new 1.4 Version.
I did all the steps including init the DB.

Web Frontend is working but the discovery with my seedlist file is not working anymore.

If i try to discover one device on the CMD with the nedi.pl command it works.
If i put IP addresses in the seedlist file it works.

If i use the FQHN it fails. Nedi.pl waste all the available memory of the machine and dies.

We have FHQN like this:
sw-01.subdomain.domain.net

Could there be a issue with the domain lookup or does the FQHNs are to long?



rickli

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2691
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: nedi.pl dies wiht FQHN in seedlist file
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »
Oh, good one!

I've added a "smart-playlist" feature for seeds. See https://www.nedi.ch/documentation/ after "The First Time" for more info...
I did not take FQDN's into account, thus it calculates a whole lot of weirdness, thinking your names are IP ranges...

You may have to resort to IPs for now...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

tuxfrog

  • Guest
Re: nedi.pl dies wiht FQHN in seedlist file
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 04:25:18 PM »
Ok, with IPs ist working now.
Thanx.