Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Branchdiscovery using NeDi Agents or Windows SNMP Services?  (Read 1269 times)

mlg

Branchdiscovery using NeDi Agents or Windows SNMP Services?
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
Hello everyone,

after successfully installaing NeDi and scanning the headquarter, I need so scan all our branches. But there is one big Problem: I cannot scan the routers, because that are MPLS Routers from the Provider and we only have 2950 or 2960 switches at the branches, so that I do not get any IP Address  >:(.

Now the question: I have found an agentlist, but I do not know how to install or how to use a NeDi agent. Also I do not have the possibilty to run an other OS like Windows at the branches. I can only activate The Windows SNMP Services, but can I use them with NeDi??

Sry for my English and I hope the question is not too much  :)

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Branchdiscovery using NeDi Agents or Windows SNMP Services?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 07:58:50 PM »
You'd be best off, if your provider would let you read the arp cache (and basic system info) off the routers. Otherwise you need something like arpwatch on every remote subnet...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

mlg

Re: Branchdiscovery using NeDi Agents or Windows SNMP Services?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »
I'm going crazy.....

The Provider told me we can only read basic info, but now is started snmp walk on .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.35.1.4 ipNetToPhysicalPhysAddress and I got all I want. So NeDi shows only basic info, it also has all the MAC Addresses from my Nodes.

How can I configure that NeDi reads the ARP Cache and builds the Nodes correctly?