Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Device-Status  (Read 2086 times)

swepart

• View Profile
Device-Status
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:25:59 AM »
First of all, the latest beta have really taken Nedi further,   it seems to go from a enterprise tool to a more mature tool that can handle outsourcing / offshoring in a better way.

I have one suggestion,,  could we have "type" included in the Device-Status" view..  for a technician its very useful  to know if its an 2960S-48FPD-L or a 2960S-24TD-L.

Rg
/swepart

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Device-Status
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:45:21 AM »
I'm working very hard on this, thanks for the feedback!

I've added the vendor logo and type in the description section of Devices-Status. Did you mean something else?
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

swepart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
Nope,, if we both mean that "type"  is the exact model of equipment,, 2960-24TT-L, WS-C2960X-48LPD-L, 3750-24TS-24 and so on

Rg
/swepart

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:35:52 PM »
If the sysobjid is that specific it'll be in there. If not (e.g. Cisco 3750), there's a typeoid you can use to get the exact type, which will then override the more generic type. The latter (more generic type from the .def file) is preserved in the description field...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo