Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Room-Maps Upload and link  (Read 2323 times)

mueller-dv

• View Profile
Room-Maps Upload and link
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:01:32 AM »
When working with nedi i often have to have a look in my "papers" for the rooms and network wire connections.
Where is which port in which room...

Is there any possibility to link pictures with switches? So, if i am working with nedi, have with one click the right paper.
If not, perhaps this would be a feature which more admins would like to have...

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Room-Maps Upload and link
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
It's in there already and got a lot more powerful with 1.0.9. What I didn't have time for is document it properly, but new tutorials are under its way:

1. Your devices should follow NeDi's location string convention...
2. In Topology-Tables click on the "paint" icon twice. You should see Openstreet maps instead of the icons.
3. Click through all regions and cities. This will create all necessary directories in html/topo (sorry, it'll get better).
4. In System-Files select The city-folder you wish to upload your file to. It should be named BUILDING-FLOOR-something.pdf
5. If you drill down to that building in Topology-Table now, you'll see file icons you can click on.
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

mueller-dv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:05:28 AM »
Hi Rickli,

i was looking for convention for naming the location and what i found so far was
http://www.nedi.ch/install:requirements
But this goes to nowhere...

My location is build like SE-OA-1F
So, Company-Building-Level... Should i change this?

mueller-dv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
Ok,

i found out with trying that you prefer SE;OA;1F...
Would it be possible for me to change this? Perhaps makeing both work or having a delimiter which could be changed?

So if the naming convention is a fixed one for the company/admin, it would be easier to make nedi the tool of choice if they could choose the delimiter by their own..  ;D

If not, ok.. I can change this..

vegar

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 01:30:59 PM »
At bottom in nedi.conf you have locsep  here you can put in whatever you would like to be the separator as default its the ;. If you comment the locsep all toghether it will default to a Space as I have used.

mueller-dv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 07:24:11 AM »
Thats great... Now i can even put in my cheap switches which do not accept ; as a sign...

Thanks very much, you saved my day.. And it is already 7.30 in the morning..