Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: switch icon color changed  (Read 1332 times)

kamintech

• View Profile
switch icon color changed
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:32:50 PM »
I've been running NeDio 8  for several months now and I'm still learning how it all works. We use mostly (95%) Cisco switches and they have always been a blue color. I've had to modify defs on several but overall no problem. Then I started noticing that some were turning a lime green color. I didn't think much about it but now it seems that over half of my switches have turned this lime green. It also seems that the normal hourly scans have stopped and some devices have not been updated in a couple of weeks now. Any ideas on this?? What do the different colors mean and how many different variations are there?

Thanks for a great product....

dobst

• View Profile
Re: switch icon color changed
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:53:53 AM »
There are alot of different icons. See http://www.nedi.ch/discover/expand/. Usually blue is used for Cisco devices. Each sysobject id has it's own snmp definitions. Which changes on the def files were made? If I modify definitions, I do that using defgen and test my changes before writing them back. Probably  you made a misconfig on some defs and now devices refering these defs aren't updated correctly.

I suggest replacing the modified defs with original ones from the distribution.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: switch icon color changed
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »
I can't explain changing icons other than what dobst already mentioned. Those icons are set in the .def file. If you are using NeDiO, you should be able to review the discovery logs in System-Files. In any case check free disk space or hanging discoveries...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo