Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help with Monitoring  (Read 3519 times)

kamintech

• View Profile
Help with Monitoring
« on: July 17, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »
For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to setup monitoring on devices and nodes. I would like to receive an email notification when a device goes down and back up. Also the same for a few nodes that are critical to operations. How do I do this?? Should I use ping or up time and how do I configure the email notification? What is the difference between email and email (repeat)? How often does this repeat sending the email? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Help with Monitoring
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:35:09 PM »
Did you read the context help? (lifesaver icon top right)?
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

kamintech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:23:49 PM »
Yes I have read the help section. Where can I check to see if it is attempting to send the alerts? I'm able to receive other notifications with no problems. When I look at the events I see numerous entries for this: Source=Nedi, "No successful check at all, is moni running? Does this have anything to do with the email alerts?

Getting back to the alert setup, so once I've selected the device or node and click on monitor, on the configuration I would select "uptime, ping, etc." then mail. What about the forward? I'm choosing Forward, Level Limit=Alert and then click update. Is this correct?

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
No successful check at all, is moni running?  means that the monitoring script (moni.pl) is not running. It should be autostarted with the system, but can be started in System-Services, if that's not the case. This will actually start polling whether devices are alive or not besides the network discovery.

Look at the picture in the context help. Forward only applies to events generated from discovery, syslog or incoming traps. It's does not affect the monitoring part. I'll create a tutorial once, oh9 is ready...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo