Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cisco/HP mixed environment  (Read 8925 times)

pc_sg

• View Profile
Re: Cisco/HP mixed environment
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58:14 AM »
Putting the correct username/password pair (couple is not the best word to use, sorry!) in first place works!

Seems that the loop, at least on these HP switches, don't fully handle multiple usr/pw if the first is not the right.

Sorry but I'm not skilled enough to debug it  :-[

Paolo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 05:07:06 PM »
Don't worry, it's just that I've seen this myself on ProCurves. It's a timing issue, because nedi disconnects and reconnets again. A "perldoc libcli.pm" reveals more...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 11:25:09 AM »
OK.

So, what can I do?

In the meanwhile, (sorry for O.T.) the problem of modules missing and rediscovered, or rediscovered with same serial, sometimes occours again.
Any pacth available, or should us wait for 1.0.9 release?

Always THANKS!

Paolo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 10:00:51 PM »
Once those switches have the correct username it should work. As to the modules, wait for oh9...shouldn't take that long anymore ;)
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

pc_sg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 08:25:46 AM »
Fine for the latter!

But for the first "issue", it's OK that after a right discovery the problem doesn't appears again, but only for those devices. Any new one of same model (or with the same behaviour) with same usr/pwd needs again a (temporary) mod on nedi.conf.
Do you think is too complicated or needs too effort handle this condition?

Anyway, at least for us (I hope, if some manager will not change the preferred switch from Cisco to HP), is only a marginal case...

Ciao!

Paolo