Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Do you want to monitor nodes?

No, I only care about devices. Nodes come and go...
7 (53.8%)
Not yet, but I may use it in the future!
2 (15.4%)
Yes, I love adding multiple nodes to monitoring at once.
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 11, 2013, 05:24:21 PM

Author Topic: NeDi 1.0.9 Progress  (Read 21863 times)

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: NeDi 1.0.9 Progress
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »
All lists as well as the map supports up to 4 filters now! It was quite an effort to adapt everything!

Couple of questions for the community:
Is anybody using event forward, discard or level threshold to control discovery events? I'm about to narrow that focus down to syslog and traps as it seems to be confusing. You'll  be able to use the notify string per target in 1oh9 to regain control in that respect...

Is anybody uploading fotos for location documentation already? I'm considering creating folders for each region, city and maybe building to contain cashed maps and the fotos. This has been requested by some users and would make it a lot more usable with many files. I don't want to upset people who are using the flat structure now, that's why I ask...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:00:21 PM by rickli »
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

harry

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2013, 12:56:33 AM »
That would be interesting as we want to use for ISDN monitor and other events it will be useful.

Second Idea for string files will be helpful for storing site related documentation, this can be anything photos, invoice, AMC detail.... can be very useful.

I am eager to see the test version.

Thanks a lot for your TIME and EFFORT.

Al

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »
Ohh, an update released on the website. http://www.nedi.ch/2013/08/1084/

fostware

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 08:06:22 AM »
Is there a way to side-by-side compare revisions of configs?

I know there's already the diff next to the config, but I'd like to see a point in time comparison.
Maybe replaying the diff back to a temporary file and comparing that config to the current config?

Thanks,

Craig F.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
Not for a single device, but you can compare a device to another or all of the same type, using side by side diff or conventional...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo