First of all, tnx for a great software.
For next version I have some suggestions
- Put a device in "maintenence mode", if we are doing some re-config, new Lan structure, customer is doing something that makes the device "not reachable" for some time I would love to put the device in "maintenence mode", this is ofcourse only if I know it will be unreachable for some time and I know why its unreachable.
By putting the device in "maintenence mode" it shouldnt show up as device with problems
And if we could add some info about why its put in "maintenence mode" it would be great
- A field where I can put in what SLA I have on the device, like 24/7/365,, Businessdays 8-17 and so on )based on the device name
- A feild where I can where I can put in "onsite subcontractor" for the device, the company who is doing onsite repairs (based on the device name)
- A feild where I can put in what Cisco Service contract number I have for the device (based on the serial number)
- Allow SSH and backup even if dont have the right SNMP community
In our "own version" of Nedi 1.07 we have added SLA, Cisco Service and "Onsite Subcontractor" but it would be nice to have in the official version
Since I not a techncian (I am the manager for our LAN deliverance to customers) I sometimes dont know all the "techie" stuff, but I have been heard from my technicians that they would like to have some eaiser why to import new Cisco devices.
By "import new" Cisco device they mean def-files, We buy new cisco devices every day, and to often there isnt any def-file that matches the latest device, is there any solution to this, using Cisco MIBS and import them, convert them to OID def-files