Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Strange error in a new NeDi 1.0.8 instance  (Read 2184 times)

pc_sg

Strange error in a new NeDi 1.0.8 instance
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »
In a currently running withot other problem NeDi installation, after adding a new seed for a remote switch (not reachable directly using CDP), an error occours.
Here what verbose discovery shows:

(1.2.3.4 is the switch IP address  - SWITCH is the switch hostname, DOMAIN is the SNMP domain)

Code: [Select]
Manual-Discovery (1.0.8-116) with 1 seed at Thu May 30 10:39:09 2013
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Status Todo/Done-Time
===============================================================================

Discover     ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Identify 1.2.3.4 -------------------------------------------------------
SNMP:Connect 1.2.3.4 DOMAIN v2 Tout:5s MaxMS:1472
IDNT:Name = SWITCH
SOBJ:Reading 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.564.def
EVNT:CL=nedd EL=3 TGT=SWITCH MSG=New Device with ID 1.2.3.4 and IP 1.2.3.4 found
DBD::mysql::db selectall_hashref failed: Handle is not in asynchronous mode [err was 2000 now 2000000000]
Field 'device' does not exist (not one of device="SWITCH" AND device regexp ".") at /var/nedi/inc/libdb-msq.pm line 1208.
DBD::mysql::db selectall_hashref failed: Handle is not in asynchronous mode [err was 2000 now 2000000000]
Field 'device' does not exist (not one of device="SWITCH" AND device regexp ".") at /var/nedi/inc/libdb-msq.pm line 1208.
Issuing rollback() due to DESTROY without explicit disconnect() of DBD::mysql::db handle nedi:localhost at /var/nedi/inc/libdb-msq.pm line 1208.

This happens with same error even after a normal discovery, successfully for the already discovered switches.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Paolo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Strange error in a new NeDi 1.0.8 instance
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:15:49 PM »
I think that's related to http://forum.nedi.ch/index.php?topic=1492.0

Are you using viewdev on a user? Remove it for now, if so. I need to investigate what's wrong there...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

pc_sg

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
I think that's related to http://forum.nedi.ch/index.php?topic=1492.0

Are you using viewdev on a user? Remove it for now, if so. I need to investigate what's wrong there...

Maybe, anyway removing users device view solved.
Not easy to remove, indeed! Two ways: removing and recreating user (the brutal way), or substitute rule with a "space" character, then pushing enter...

Hope you'll publish updates and/or patches soon, good for me if you wait to make a new build al all!
What do you think about a kind of repository for "latest" DEFs and patched files? May be easy to apply, in a lot of case are needed only a few seconds.

TIA!

Paolo

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:03:40 PM »
Entering a - (dash) clears viewdev (and similar fields). It's in the  context help ;)

Good idea with making defs "updateable", but I hope to bring out NeDi releases more frequently from now on, which are fairly easy to update via GUI...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

pc_sg

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »
Entering a - (dash) clears viewdev (and similar fields). It's in the  context help ;)

Good idea with making defs "updateable", but I hope to bring out NeDi releases more frequently from now on, which are fairly easy to update via GUI...

ACK!

About "update via GUI", in the past I had some troubles to do it, maybe caused by wrong rights given to "nedi" folder and subfolders.
Currently, even nowhere is indicated, I give "www-data" full access to /var/nedi folder and subfolders, I don't know if is enough...

P.S. We use Debian as standard Linux distribution, and I've found a apt-get (or aptitude) command line that seems contains all needed modules for nedi to run correctly.
The Ubuntu procedure is a starting point, but I don't like to install in /usr/nedi, and some things like "Create a link to the webserver root", IMHO is not the nicest way.
There is someone more skilled then me that could verify if it install too much stuffs? Also my very rough install procedure?

Another thing. I've made two (rough) init.d script to start moni.pl and (optionally, is enough to not add them to init.d) nedi "syslog.pl" during boot (at the end of boot procedure), modified to be identified as running by NeDi service page. I can make them available here in the forum.

Thanks!

Paolo