Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 1.0.8 RC 027 can't check email option in monitor  (Read 4477 times)

mduling

• View Profile
1.0.8 RC 027 can't check email option in monitor
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:53:37 AM »
Hello, I installed 027 and it is discovering fine on CentOS.  I can select the monitor button in the devices list and I see the device I checked in the monitor section with latency stats and such, but I can't check the email button on the devices in the alerts box.  It stays in condition "x" for alerts even after I've checked it.  Any idea what the problem could be?  Thanks.

pc_sg

Re: 1.0.8 RC 027 can't check email option in monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 11:44:53 AM »
In the current version (instead of previous releases) you should enable e-mail notification in Monitoring - Setup.
You should filter if you want to receive e-mail only from some devices events, and then, when you have shown the device you want, you choose il the Configuration last dropdown menu the "alarm" you like.
Hope is enough for you, look to attached snapshot.

mduling

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:18:42 PM »
Ah I see.  Thanks!

mduling

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:32:14 AM »
Now I've got the email icon turned on, I'm not getting alerts.  moni.pl -t sends me a test message so my email setup and user profile seem to be correct.  Running moni.pl in verbose mode shows me it sees a test device is down but shows this:

ERR :No response from remote host 'x.x.x.x'
DOWN:ALRT:0 mails from 0 events and 0 SMS sent

On 1.0.5 I was getting alerts with nedi.conf 'notify' variable at dcnts.  Now with the default of aBdefLmnopstiw I get no alerts.  The comments say "uppercase also sends mail where shown", but only D says anything about email.

I tried setting the notify variable to EFMNSW but it didn't help either.  What do I need to do to get host up/down/reboot alerts emailed to me as with 1.0.5?  Thanks.

pc_sg

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:16:25 AM »
I used "abDeflmnopstiw"
And I launch moni using System - Service (strangely, launching it with a cron task seems not effective...)
You should see how icon should be in attached snapshot

Hope is enough for you. Else ask to Remo.

mduling

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:55:31 PM »
Thanks for your help pc_sg.  I didn't realize that I didn't need a startup script for moni now.  I killed the script and started it with the gui this time.

I am now getting discovery alerts in my email, but  I want to get moni.pl alerts.  Host UP/Down/Recover and Reboot.  What option does that, or why would they be logged and not emailed?

I had also forgotten that I had hacked my old nedi install's syslog.pl to email on events higher than level 200.  And I also think a good feature request would be:

A syslog.pl variable X that when set would email events greater than level X.

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »
Will be possible with the new event level forwarding option (see below). Is moni.pl running? Try restarting it to make sure it's not from an older version...
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo

mduling

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 01:59:23 AM »
It is a brand new nedi host from scratch so no old moni.pl is running.  The new moni.pl is definitely running.  BTW, I realize my old nedi installation is 1.0 not 1.0.5.

I set the forward/delete to 'Info' for my test switch and I still don't see email alerts except discovery alerts.  I don't know what else to check.

I also see "No password for <my-community>, add one in nedi.conf" in events.  But <my-community> (not my real one) is the community.  In nedi.conf I replaced 'public' with my v2 real community and kept the tabs as is:

comm   my-community

But it complains about it.  I don't get it.

mduling

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 02:05:36 AM »
For a one host nedi install I assume I want the master service off, correct?

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 08:32:36 PM »
Yes leave it off, the master daemon collects alerts from nedi agents, but it's not officially documented yet. Will need to do some testing...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:11:02 PM by rickli »
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo