Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nedi 1.07  (Read 5346 times)

tolmstev

• View Profile
Nedi 1.07
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:19:59 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I've been using Nedi for a few years and have always had good success with it. Currently my deployment of Nedi monitors 575 devices and discovers just under 15,000 nodes. The scan runs hourly in about 38 minutes. Wonderful tool!

Cheers

dobst

• View Profile
Re: Nedi 1.07
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »
Hi  tolmstev,

we want to use NeDi in our companty too. Amout of devices/nodes is nearly the same. I played a bit and like it very much too. I'm used to it because we used in my privious comany. But now I need to set it up but I'm faced with some questions. Could you tell me anything abuot the nodetracker on http://forum.nedi.ch/index.php?topic=1401.0 ?

Yours, Daniel

rickli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeDi
Re: Nedi 1.07
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 11:28:39 AM »
The Node-Tracker was the result of a project with a DC hoster. Unfortunately the current RC is still messed up, so you can't really test yet...

The idea is, that you use Devices-Interfaces to select a list of interfaces, then you click on Track. In Nodes-Track you add the Config column, which allows you to select the source info you wish to track. This can be discovered nodename/MAC (only 1 per IF for now), alias or comment (link info). The target field turns yellow, when the tracked information changes from then on. I'll do some more work on that one, when I find the time, so you can use it the get alarms on changes of key interfaces in your network.
Please consider Other-Invoices on your NeDi installation for an annual contribution, tx!
-Remo